2010 YEAR IN REVIEW
- Sporting Goods Update. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p19
Reports developments in the sporting goods retailer in the U.S. as of September 2003. Expansion of Cabela's Inc. in Pennsylvania; Sale of private label golf clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.; Acquisition of Top-Flite Golf Co. by Callaway Golf Co.
- SWOT Analysis. // Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., a full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and...
- SWOT Analysis. // Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Dicks Sporting Goods, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based full-line sporting goods retailer, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths, including leading market position, innovative marketing techniques,...
- Dick's Gobbles Galyan's. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Galyan's Trading Co. by Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2004. Number of stores owned by Dick's after the acquisition; Implication of the deal for the presence of Dick's in the U.S.; Value of the transaction. INSET: Kerbis Resigns From TSA.
- Developers proceed with Galyan's plans. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5A
Investigates the impact of Dick's Sporting Goods' acquisition of Plainfield, Indiana-based Galyan's Trading Co. Predictions that some local stores of the two retailers may close, particularly where the retailers have neighboring locations; Questions on the future of two local Galyan's stores...
- Dick's in Deal For Galyan's. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/22/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 129, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Galyan's Trading Co. Inc. by Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Terms of the deal; Background of both companies.
- Galyan's rejected Dick's 4 times. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1A
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based Galyan's Trading Co. spurned the offers of rival Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. before their eventual merger. Blow-by-blow account of the discussions contained in a deluge of documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Fluctuations in...
- Retailer's growth plan boon for Plainfield facility. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p6
The article focuses on the aggressive expansion plans of Dick's Sporting Goods. In June 2007, the company rolled out a plan to grow from 309 stores to 800 nationwide within seven years. Dick's, which has annual revenue of $3.1 billion, anticipates growing at least 15% annually, not including...
- Dick's Sporting Goods Acquires Golf Galaxy. Versteegen, Kris // SGB;Dec2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses Dick's Sporting Goods' acquisition of Golf Galaxy in November 2006 for $225 million. The Golf Galaxy will continue to use its own name, brand, and management team, and both companies will maintain separate storefronts. The differences between this acquisition and Dick's...