Childhood vaccination in informal urban settlements in Nairobi, Kenya: Who gets vaccinated?
- Decline in measles mortality: nutrition, age at infection, or exposure? Aaby, Peter; Bukh, Jette; Lisse, Ida Maria; Da Silva, Maria Clotilde // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/30/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6631, p1225
Investigates the factors influencing the decline in measles mortality among children in Bandim, Guinea-Bissau. Introduction of a vaccination program; Reduction of the age of infection; Impact of endemic transmission of measles.
- Are your kids' vaccinations up to date? // Farm & Dairy;8/28/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 49, pB3
The article focuses on up-to-date vaccinations of children in Ohio and offers information on vaccine-preventable diseases, mumps outbreak in Ohio, and measles cases in the state.
- Transmission of measles among a highly vaccinated school population--Anchorage, Alaska, 1998. Chandler, B; Wood, L; Funk, E; Belier, M; Middaugh, J // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/8/1999, Vol. 47 Issue 51/52, p1109
Summarizes the results of the epidemiologic investigation conducted by the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (ADHSS) and underscores the importance of second-dose requirements for measles vaccine. Reported measles cases from August 10 through November 23, 1998; Emergency order...
- HEALTH UPDATE. // District Administration;Mar2015, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses findings of a study published in the "Journal of the American Medical Association" indicating the increasing number of measles cases due to an outbreak at Disneyland in California while all 50 U.S. states are required to provide vaccination for school children with 20...
- Measles vaccination. Dermer, Mark // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/6/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p57
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an editorial which appeared in this periodical discussing reduced rates in measles vaccination among children.
- Role of an immunisation advisory clinic. Lingam, S.; Miller, C.L.; Pateman, Jane // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/5/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6525, p937
Reports the vaccination of children against whooping cough and measles. Factors influencing the uptake; Advantage of immunization; Creation of immunization advisory clinic.
- Disease Amnesia: A New Public Health Threat. Retsinas, Joan // Progressive Populist;11/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p15
The author discusses resurgence of childhood diseases like whooping cough and measles in the U.S. due to the growing number of unvaccinated children in the country.
- Younger age at measles vaccination linked to increased risk for disease. Richards, Cassandra A. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on the association of the age of children who received measles vaccination to their risk for the disease.
- Measles Immunization Coverage Determined by Serology and Immunization Record from Children in Two Chicago Communities. Watson, John T.; Ramirez, Enrique; Evens, Anne; Bellini, William J.; Johnson, Hope; Morita, Julie // Public Health Reports;May/Jun2006, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p262
Objectives. We compared the prevalence of measles immunization determined by serology with the prevalence of measles immunization determined by immunization records, and identified factors predictive of measles immunization among a sample of children from two Chicago communities. Methods. We...