Pesticide exposure and lymphohaematopoietic cancers: a case-control study in an agricultural region (Larissa, Thessaly, Greece)
- A new Neolithic site in Thessaly (Greece): the Belitsi magoula. Vouzaxakis, Konstantinos // Antiquity;Mar2001, Vol. 75 Issue 287, p15
Provides information on the archaeological study of the Neolithic site in the city of Volos located in lower part of the north edge of Almyros, Thessaly, central Greece. Lifestyle of the Neolithic people; Description of the artifacts.
- Geographical travel. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p80
Presents a photograph of the Roussanou Monastery in Thessaly, Greece.
- PM10 Concentrations Related to Meteorology in Volos, Greece. Proias, T.; Nastos, P. T.; Larissi, I. K.; Paliatsos, A. G. // AIP Conference Proceedings;1/21/2010, Vol. 1203 Issue 1, p1091
Volos, a coastal medium-sized city in the region of Thessaly and extended along the northern part of the Pagassitikos Gulf at the eastern seaboard of Central Greece, is among the cities which suffer from the air pollution in Greece. The case of Volos is an interesting example, where in the last...
- Chemical Analysis and Interpretation of Mycenaean Pottery from Thessaly. Feuer, Bryan; Schneider, Gerwulf // Journal of Mediterranean Archaeology;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p217
In this paper we report the results of a study utilizing wavelength-dispersive X-ray fluorescence analysis and petrographic analysis of Mycenaean pottery from 11 sites in Thessaly. The primary purpose of this analysis is to answer a number of questions concerning the production and...
- The oldest known structure? // Sparta: Journal of Ancient Spartian & Greek History;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p57
The article reports on the excavation at the Prehistoric cave of Theopetra in Thessaly, Greece which is known as the oldest structure in the country.
- THE THESSALONIAN CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY AS A PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATION. Ascough, Richard S. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Summer2000, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p311
Investigates the social makeup of the Thessalonian Christian community in the `New Testament.' Description of Thessalonians as Gentiles; Evaluation of the background to voluntary associations in Macedonia; Implications of voluntary associations for community structure.
- Ancient Celestial Spheres from Greece. Dimitrakoudis, S.; Papaspyrou, P.; Petoussis, V.; Moussas, X. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2006, Vol. 848 Issue 1, p919
We present several ancient celestial spheres from the 8th century B.C. found throughout Greece, mainly in Thessaly, at the temple of Itonia Athena, but also in Olympia and other places. These celestial spheres have an axis, equator and several meridians and they have several markings with the...
- RISK OPTIMAL FARM PLANS IN THE CONTEXT OF DECOUPLED SUBSIDY PAYMENTS: THE CASE OF COTTON PRODUCTION IN THESSALY. Petsakos, Athanasios; Rozakis, Stelios; Tsiboukas, Konstantinos // Journal of Farm Management;Winter2009, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p467
Partial decoupling earmarked for cotton in the context of the 2003 CAP reform has introduced a risk-free option to the crop mix of cotton farming systems. Portfolio analysis is implemented using a mathematical programming model in order to determine the risk optimal farm plan under the new CAP...
- Estimate the Emergence of Pectinophora gossypiella Saunders. (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) with Degree Days in the Region of Thessaly, Greece. Leontopoulos, S. V.; Vagelas, I. K.; Gravanis, F. T. // Journal of Agricultural Science & Technology A;Jun2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2A, p182
The pink bollworm (Pectinophora gossypiella), is one of the most damaging pests of cotton growing in the region of Thessaly in Greece. The time of exit of the adults in spring is an important factor that affects the infestation index in the crop during the summer. Mathematical models by...