Tackling health literacy: adaptation of public hypertension educational materials for an Indo-Asian population in Canada
- Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases in Hmong from Wat Tham Krabok, Thailand. Culhane-Pera, Kathleen A.; Moua, Mai K.; Defor, Therese A.; Desai, Jay; Xiong, Phua; Walker, Patricia F. // Diabetes;Jun2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 56, pA632
Introduction: When Hmong refugees arrived in the U.S. from 1975 to 1997, no epidemiological studies measured the prevalence of or development of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) (such as hypertension and diabetes) or CVD risk factors (such as obesity, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol)....
- Arterial hypertension and mortality in the elderly. Casiglia, Edoardo; Mazza, Alberto; Tikhonoff, Valérie; Scarpa, Roberta; Guglielmi, Francesco; Pessina, Achille C. // American Journal of Hypertension;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p958
: BackgroundThe aim of this study was to evaluate at a population level whether hypertension is a risk factor for cardiovascular mortality and to verify whether or not this is true for both genders at any age.: MethodsThis population-based, long-lasting, prospective study includes a 14-year...
- Study: Prevalence of resistant hypertension found in daily practice. // Cardiology Today;May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p33
This article discusses a study on the prevalence of resistant hypertension in patients treated for hypertension.
- Hypertension linked to CV outcomes in Framingham diabetics. // Cardiology Today;May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p36
This article discusses a study on the likelihood of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular diseases in patients with hypertension.
- 346. Calcium-channel blockers protect more against stroke than against myocardial infarction. Staessen, J.A.; Wang, J-G.; Thijs, L. // Kidney;May/Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p114
Provides information on a study which investigated cardiovascular protection and blood pressure reduction. Methodology; Results; Conclusion.
- Hypertension in the elderly. Pepine, Carl J. // Endocrine Today;Aug2011, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the link between aging and the increase in the prevalence of hypertension.
- Plasma insulin, plasminogen activator inhibitor, and ankle-brachial systolic blood pressure ratio in overweight hypertensive subjects. Achimastos, A; Brahimi, M; Raison, J; Billaud, E; Ayache, M; Moatti, N; Safar, M E // Journal of Human Hypertension;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p329
Background: In hypertensive subjects, the ratio between ankle and brachial systolic blood pressure (ABI) has been shown to be an independent risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, particularly in the elderly. Plasma insulin may be an important interconnecting factor explaining this...
- Severity based clinical efficacy and safety of oral sildenafil in the management of pulmonary arterial hypertension - A pilot study. Nazeem, Teena; Thomas, Sabin; Kumar, Santhosh // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
An abstract of the article "Severity based clinical efficacy and safety of oral sildenafil in the management of pulmonary arterial hypertension: A pilot study," by Teena Nazeem and colleagues is presented.
- Intravascular ultrasound of the elastic pulmonary arteries: a new approach for the evaluation of primary pulmonary hypertension. Rodés-Cabau, J.; Domingo, E.; Román, A.; Majó, J.; Lara, B.; Padilla, F.; Anívarro, I.; Angel, J.; Tardif, J.C.; Soler-Soler, J. // Heart;Mar2003, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p311
Objective: To assess the structural and functional characteristics of pulmonary arteries by intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) in the setting of primary pulmonary hypertension, and to correlate the ultrasound findings with haemodynamic variables and mortality at follow up. Design: Prospective...