Perceived risk, anxiety, and behavioural responses of the general public during the early phase of the Influenza A (H1N1) pandemic in the Netherlands: results of three consecutive online surveys
- Risk Perception, Preventive Behaviors, and Vaccination Coverage in the Korean Population during the 2009â€“2010 Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1): Comparison between High-Risk Group and Nonâ€“High-Risk Group Heo, Jung Yeon; Chang, Soung Hoon; Go, Min Jung; Kim, Young Mee; Gu, Sun Hye; Chun, Byung Chul // PLoS ONE;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Background: This study was carried out to estimate the vaccination coverage, public perception, and preventive behaviors against pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and to understand the motivation and barriers to vaccination between high-risk and nonâ€“high-risk groups during the outbreak of...
- IMPACTUL MASS-MEDIA ASUPRA POPULAÅ¢IEI CU PRIVIRE LA GRIPA A(H1N1) ÅžI VACCINUL ANTIGRIPAL: ABATERILE DEONTOLOGICE PRODUC ANXIETATE. IACOB, TEODORA; DUMITRAŞCU, DAN L. // Clujul Medical;Sep2011, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p418
This is an original study investigating the effect of mass-media information on the population during the epidemic of influenza in 2009. Anxiety was assessed by the STAI questionnaire on a group of 40 subjects divided into two: study sub-group and controls. We also used a structure interview...
- Validation of Urban Community Survey Regarding Pandemic Flu Influenza A (H1N1) Using Rasch Measurement Tools. Saari, Izni Syamsina; Mahmud, Zamalia; Abdullah, Nik Nairan // Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence;May2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p143
This has made an attempt to apply the Rasch measurement model in the field of health sciences to validate the response behavioural patterns of local urban community regarding the risk of Pandemic Flu, Influenza A (H1N1). The variables include subjects' response behaviour towards HINI treatment...
- MSSNY H1N1 Webinars. // New York Family Medicine News;Mar2010, p6
The article reports on the move of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MMNY) to host a series of free webinars on H1N1 that began on February 25, 2010.
- Responses to 2009 H1N1 Vaccine in Children 3 to 17 Years of Age. Arguedas, Adriano; Soley, Carolina; Lindert, Kelly // New England Journal of Medicine;1/28/2010, Vol. 362 Issue 4, p370
A letter to the editor about the association of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus with morbidity in children is presented.
- Emergence of a Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus in Humans. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/18/2009, Vol. 360 Issue 25, p2605
Background: On April 15 and April 17, 2009, novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) was identified in specimens obtained from two epidemiologically unlinked patients in the United States. The same strain of the virus was identified in Mexico, Canada, and elsewhere. We describe 642...
- Guillain—BarrÃ© syndrome related to pandemic influenza A (H1N1) infection. Chaari, Anis; Bahloul, Mabrouk; Dammak, Hassen; Nourhene, Gharbi; Rekik, Noureddine; Hedi, Chelly; Chokri, Ben Hamida; Bouaziz, Mounir // Intensive Care Medicine;Jul2010, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1275
A letter to the editor is presented related to the H1N1 virus and neurological complications due to it.
- Emerged HA and NA Mutants of the Pandemic Influenza H1N1 Viruses with Increasing Epidemiological Significance in Taipei and Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2009-10. Chuan-Liang Kao; Ta-Chien Chan; Chu-Han Tsai; Kuan-Ying Chu; Shu-Fang Chuang; Chang-Chun Lee; Zheng-Rong Tiger Li; Ko-Wen Wu; Luan-Yin Chang; Yea-Huei Shen; Li-Min Huang; Ping-Ing Lee; ChingLai Yang; Compans, Richard; Rouse, Barry T.; Chwan-Chuen King // PLoS ONE;Feb2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
The 2009 influenza pandemic provided an opportunity to observe dynamic changes of the hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) of pH1N1 strains that spread in two metropolitan areas -Taipei and Kaohsiung. We observed cumulative increases of amino acid substitutions of both HA and NA that were...
- Walker WT (Clin Infect Dis 2012; 54:661—9). // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p311
A correction to the article "H1N1 antibody persistence 1 year after immunization with an adjuvanted or whole-virion pandemic vaccine and immunogenicity and reactogenicity of subsequent seasonal influenza vaccine: a multicenter follow-on study" that was published in the March 1, 2012 issue is...