The development of instruments to measure the work disability assessment behaviour of insurance physicians
- Just What the Doctor Ordered. Zepeda, Curt // Best's Review;Aug2008, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p53
The article features the problems encountered by insurers in the long-term disability (LTD) in the U.S. Previously, physicians were once the darling of LTD because they were considered as pristine risk for disability insurance, were showered with rich LTD plans. In late 1980s through 1990s, the...
- Disability insurance market showing signs of improvement in recent years. J., John; Grande, Traudy F. // Ophthalmology Times;6/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p54
Provides advice to physicians in purchasing additional disability insurance. Opportunity to buy excess disability; Types of available coverage; Catastrophic illness coverage; Disability definitions; Characteristics of endophthalmitis.
- In sickness and in health, be covered. Smith, Stuart // Pulse;6/8/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 23, p52
The article advises general practitioners (GPs) in Great Britain to get health insurance because their income could stop because of ill health. The two distinct needs for a GP are: to cover the expenses incurred in employing a substitute doctor; and to provide income replacement if the...
- News in brief. // Pulse;8/23/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 34, p7
The article presents information on news related to General Practitioners. According to a research, E-mail consultations provide exciting possibilities for improving doctor patient relations if skepticism over their safety can be overcome. GPs lack awareness of the needs of deaf patients and may...
- Doctor Dl Market: It's More Favorable Now. Eskra Sr., Michael J.; Eskra, David R. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/21/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 24, p49
Focuses on doctor disability insurance market in the U.S. Types of coverage available to physicians.
- 'Own Occ' Has Its Own Problems. Green, Meg // Best's Review;Aug2004, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p66
Focuses on own occupation insurance coverage in the U.S. Overly generous benefits; Tapping of disability insurance of doctors.
- Impact of payment methods on professional equity of physicians. Peña-Sánchez, Juan Nicolás; Lepnurm, Rein; Dobson, Roy T.; Keegan, David // Journal of Hospital Administration;Apr2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p50
Background: Professional equity, evaluation of own contributions and received rewards compared to contributions and rewards of other physicians has not been assessed according to payment methods. The aim of this study is to compare levels of professional equity among physicians paid by...
- The Analysis of an Instrument for Screening Learning Disabilities. Beatty, James R. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Mar1975, Vol. 8 Issue 3
Investigates the classroom screening instrument (CSI) for its usefulness as a screening measure for learning disabilities. Common factor space location; Number of original items contributing to the factor space; Difference of the structure of the factor solution of CSI with that of the original...
- Ill at ease. Warwick, Tom // Money Marketing;7/25/2002, p52
Suggests some options for employee disability benefits. Advantages of individual benefit policy; Information on a company benefit scheme; Factors to consider in the selection of which benefit scheme to use.