LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- The Relationship Between Macroeconomic Variables and Relative Price Variability in Greek Agriculture. Reziti, Ioanna // International Advances in Economic Research;Feb2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p111
The purpose of this paper is to present a measure of relative price variability (RPV) among 53 agricultural products and to explore the relationships between RPV, aggregate inflation rate,and changes in economic activity for the period 1962-1997. We also estimate the effects of expected and...
- Uncertainty, Unemployment, and Inflation. Leduc, Sylvain; Zheng Liu // FRBSF Economic Letter;9/17/2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 28, p1
The article focuses on the impact of uncertainty on the U.S. economic activity and co-relation between uncertainty, unemployment, and inflation. It mentions that high uncertainity has raised the unemployment rate by at least one percentage point in the U.S. It further examines the increase in...
- Macroeconomic Outlook. // Venezuela Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2009, p62
The article offers a macroeconomic outlook for Venezuela for 2009-2013. A collapse in economic growth in 2009 is expected as domestic and external factors combine to deliver a crushing blow to the country's economic activity. Inflation is projected to continue to accelerate in line with the...
- An Update On Three Themes. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Oct2007, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p2
The article examines the outlook for remittances, economic activity and inflation in Central America. The Business Monitor International believes that the decline of remittances in Guatemala and El Salvador is partly the result of the slowdown in the U.S. housing market. The overall trajectory...
- Reinterpreting the role of inflation in politico-economic models. Michaels, Robert // Public Choice;1986, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p113
Analyzes the role of inflation in politico-economic models and the effect of inflation on presidential popularity. Distinction between inflations; Summary and criticism of studies of presidential popularity and inflation; Use and implications of measures of inflation and unemployment in such...
- The Chicago Fed Nat'l. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/23/2015, pA02
The article reports on the positive readings noted in the Chicago Fed National Activity Index, a monthly index which gauges overall economic activity and inflationary pressure, in May 2015 as more people rejoined the workforce in Illinois.
- Solid Fundamentals. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
The article presents an outlook on the short-term economic risk rating for Brazil in 2006. Inflation declined from 2003 to 2005. Interest rates will affect the economic risk rating. The rating will continue to improve in 2006 with an increase in gross domestic product.
- Trade Developments Positive. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the economic conditions of Paraguay. Factor contributing to the progress in the export sector; Prices of commodities; Inflation rate of Paraguay as of February 2004; Consumer inflation rate of Paraguay in February 2004; Inflation rate target of Paraguay for 2004.
- Growth Overheating? // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p3
Presents an update on the status of the Argentine economy as of March 1, 2005. Prediction on its economic activity in 2004; Implications of an increase in investment expenditures for the economy; Concerns regarding inflation; Value of an Argentine fiscal surplus in 2004.