SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Foreign Relations. // Palau Country Review;2009, p30
The article provides an overview on the foreign relations of Slovakia with details on its regional relations and relations with Hungary and the U.S.
- Editorial for Autumn Edition. Koprlová, Jana // Societas et Res Publica;Oct2012, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p16
An introduction is presented in which the guest editor discusses issues on various topics including section studies on the international relations of Slovakia, economic analysis essays on labor migration, and reviews on different book publications.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;January 2005, p10
Focuses on the relations of Slovakia with other countries as of January 2005. Foreign military operations participated by the Slovakian armed forces; Affiliation of the country with other international organizations.
- POTREBUJE SLOVENSKO DOMÃCU VEREJNÃš DIPLOMACIU? Kužmová, Lucia // Journal of International Relations / Medzinarodne Vztahy;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p76
The paper focuses on public diplomacy. The second dimension of public diplomacy - the domestic public diplomacy is presented both as a relatively new practice within ministries of foreign affairs (MFAs) around the world and the challenge for them to adapt to a changing international context by...
- Slovak Tensions To Remain. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses a political outlook for Hungary for 2009. Relations between Hungary and Slovakia have been damaged by various circumstances, including a riot between ethnic Hungarians and ethnic Slovakians and the political fall out. It is expected that a peaceful dialogue would be...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
The article offers news briefs on issues related to political and economic risks in Slovakia as of March 2007. Prime Minister Robert Fico has announced that Slovakia had withdrawn its troops from Iraq, but it is unlikely to prompt a souring of relations. The koruna has retraced 3.2% in January...
- Twenty years of Slovakia. Šefčovič, Maroš // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;
The Czechoslovak "divorce" on January 1, 1993 brought high hopes and great expectations, as well as worries. Both the political elite and citizens were in search of answers to many questions concerning Slovakia's future and its role in the globalized world. The author argues that Slovakia has...
- Slovakia as seen from an Austrian perspective: on the way toward a level playing field. Gruber, Simon // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;
This article analyzes the establishment of Slovakia on the international stage from an Austrian perspective, as well as the current Austrian cooperation with Slovakia. Over the past 20 years a close and neighborly relationship has developed. Through its EU, Schengen, and Eurozone memberships,...
- Slovakia in the Western Balkans: experiences and challenges. Lőrincz, Július // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;
Slovakia's engagement in Western Balkans was initially motivated by its efforts to contribute to the solving of a crisis that had evolved into open war in its own neighborhood -- the most devastating and bloody conflict on European soil since the end of the Second World War. Slovakia's...