HUNGARY: RISK SUMMARY
- Hungary approves multi-billion nuclear loan. // Regional Today;6/24/2014, p4
The article reports the 13.7 billion U.S. dollars loan of Hungary from Russia authorized by the Hungarian Parliament for the improvement of its nuclear power plant facility as Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed to establish new reactors by energy...
- OrbÃ¡n to Barroso: Paks deal will strengthen EU energy security. // Hungary A.M.;2/27/2014, p1
The article reports on the statement of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n in his letter to European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso that Hungary's agreement with Russia on financing an upgrade to its nuclear power plant will strengthen energy security for the European Union.
- Details on Paks nuclear power plant offer released. // Hungary A.M.;3/17/2014, p1
The article reports on the proposed loan for the Paks nuclear power plant extension in Hungary. Topics discussed include the public release of information on the proposed project agreed upon between Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n and Russian President Vladimir Putin, the terms of the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Budapest Business Journal;2/27/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p4
The article offers news briefs from Hungary as of February-March 2015. Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n predicts a conflict with Brussels, Belgium on European Union's (EU's) plans to revamp energy policy. Hungary's nuclear power plant in Paks, Hungary is facing upgradation problems by...
- Despite Austrian uproar, Hungary courts far-right. Jordan, Michael J. // Christian Science Monitor;2/24/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 64, p7
Reports on the support of Prime Minister of Hungary Victor Orban for Austria's Freedom Party leader Jorg Haider, and the European Unions careful watch of both men.
- OUR DEAR FRIEND VIKTOR ORBAN. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;12/11/2013, p1
The article presents the author's views on Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, who turned toward nationalism and realized that the past and myths have greater importance for the majority of Hungarians than the present.
- OrbÃ¡n: More funding for culture, science. // Hungary A.M.;11/18/2013, p1
The article focuses on the declaration made by the Prime Minister of Hungary, Viktor OrbÃ¡n, while attending the opening ceremony of natural science research center at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, for expansion of funding on cultural, intellectual and scientific pursuits.
- Anti-Semitic Party Finishes Third in Hungarian Elections. // Israel Faxx;4/ 7/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 73W, p6
The article reports that Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on April 7, 2014 that a weekend poll victory gave him a clear mandate to continue his mission.
- DK accuses gov't of scheme to quit the EU. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2014, p6
The article discusses deputy leader of Democratic Coalition PÃ©ter NiedermÃ¼ller's comments on Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n's government's decision to quit the European Union.