Rate Tightening Now On Hold
- THE MONETARY COUNCIL'S KEY FINDINGS RELATED TO THE INFLATION REPORT: 2. EFFECTS OF ALTERNATIVE SCENARIOS ON OUR FORECAST. KIRÁLY, MÁTYÁS // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Dec2015, p23
The article reports on alternative scenarios that will influence the future conduct of Hungary's monetary policy as of December 2015 including the persistence of the low cost environment, slower growth in emerging market economies, and financial market turbulence due to changes in global risk...
- 6 Special topics. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Mar2011, p69
The article discusses special topics relating to the Magyar Nemzeti Bank's (MNB) report on inflation in Hungary as of March 2011. It provides a brief description of the forecasting model used by the MNB, called the Monetary Policy Model (MPM), and details the effects of rising oil prices on the...
- Hungary: Monetary Policy To Remain Cautious. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the monetary policy in Hungary. The benchmark policy rate of the National Bank of Hungary (NBH) remained at 7.50 percent. Food prices and global energy prices affected inflation which made the NBH change its outlook. Forecasted economic growth for the country in 2008 is...
- Rates Going Nowhere Fast. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) related to the economy and monetary tightening status of the National Bank of Hungary (NBH). It states that Hungary is expected to experience monetary tightening due to the fragile economic recovery. It...
- Forecast for 2015: Cooler than last year. LOVAS, GABRIELLA // Budapest Business Journal;1/16/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the economic projections for Hungary for the next 12 months as of January 2015. Topics covered include the continuous growth of Hungary's economy, the anticipated low growth and inflation in Europe, and the quantitative easing program that the European Central Bank will...
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2011 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p13
The article presents the economic outlook of Hungary for the second quarter of 2011 including its SWOT analysis, monetary policy and the country's banking sector.
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p13
The article presents the economic outlook in Hungary for the third quarter in 2011 including the economic risk ratings, economic activity and monetary policy.
- Hungary inflation remains steady in November. // Regional Today;12/12/2013, p1
The article reports on the steady inflation rate recorded in Hungary in November 2013.
- Boxes and Special topics in the report, 1998-2011. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Mar2011, p81
A list of the boxes and special topics in Magyar Nemzeti Bank's (MNB) quarterly reports on inflation in Hungary from November 1998 to March 2011 is presented, which includes wage inflation, price increases and inflation convergence.