More Hikes In The Pipeline
- Inflation Likely To Peak Above 5% In August. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
This article presents an outlook for the economy of Poland, as of September 2008. End year inflation is expected to come in at 3.2% due to price pressures easing through the latter months of 2008. The substantial tightening of monetary policy by the National Bank of Poland has helped to rein in...
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Poland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article provides an overview of the monetary system of Poland. It mentions that zloty is the sole legal tender in Poland which operates on a free float and added that its value can be determined through demand and supply. It notes the National Bank of Poland (NBP) which pursues an...
- Poland September core inflation weakens. // Regional Today;10/17/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report released by National Bank of Poland on October 16, 2013 regarding the decrease of the core inflation of the country to 1.3% in September 2013.
- Poland core inflation rises in February. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in Poland's core inflation rate in February 2014, according to data shown by the National Bank of Poland on March 17, 2014.
- Zloty Strength Further Delaying Rate Hikes. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
The article presents the economic outlook for Poland in 2010. It notes that the National Bank of Poland is expected to leave interest rates on hold at 3.5%. It further states that consumer price inflation drops from 3.5% in March to 2.9% year-on-year in February. Moreover, it forecasts that...
- Czech Republic And Poland: CNB And NBP To Hike Further. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/31/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p15
The article reports on the decision of both the Czech National Bank and the National Bank of Poland to leave interest rates unchanged. It is inferred that both central banks are expected to embark on further monetary tightening in 2008. According to the article, the decisions of the banks are in...
- Tentative Hikes To Begin In Q410. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article presents the report by research firm Business Monitor International Ltd. on the economic development in Poland. It offers information on the National Bank of Poland (NBP) to kickoff the monetary policy normalization cycle in the final quarter of 2010. It forecasts a growth of 3.4...
- Poland: Signalling More Rate Hikes. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the figures released by the National Bank of Poland which predicted an increase in consumer price index in the first quarter of 2005. Factors that could prompt an even tighter monetary policy; Medium-term outlook for the zloty; Possible impact of the suggestions that Prime Minister...
- CEE FX: Political Rows Rumble On. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/7/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 45, p12
Deals with the political and economic conditions in Poland as of March 2005. Political challenges faced by Prime Minister Marek Belka; Growth in the real gross domestic product in 2004; Change in the monetary policy of the National Bank of Poland.