- Striking Back. Wagner, Anne // National Journal;10/31/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p3206
Discusses results of polls related to the United States (U.S.) retaliation on Afghanistan. Percentage of U.S. citizens who approve the U.S. attacks; Number of U.S. citizens who favored sending food and medicine to people in Afghanistan.
- 'This is no time to go wobbly.' Hughes, John // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 241, p9
Presents the opinion that Americans should not become restless about the war of the United States in Afghanistan, but should look at the resolve of Great Britain during times of conflict.
- The message is that might is right. // New Statesman;12/10/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4567, p4
Comments on the military operations being perpetrated by the United States (U.S.) in Afghanistan. Overview of an article about the global influence of the U.S.; Issues concerning the moral and political aspects of the U.S.; Lessons about power.
- Peace at any price invites war. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;12/17/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p5
Comments on the war waged by the United States against terrorism in Afghanistan. Implication of the US bombing of Afghanistan for humanitarian crisis; Citation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; Demand for the shift of resources away from the war toward immediate relief and...
- Aid and Comfort to the Enemy? Berlau, John; Ray, Diana // Insight on the News;10/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p20
Examines the wisdom of the United States move to provide humanitarian help to the Afghans despite its military campaign against the Taliban Movement that rule Afghanistan. Discussion on the issues involved in humanitarian help; Possibility that the Taliban will benefit from the humanitarian...
- Afghan Supply Pipeline Performance. Hall, John // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the deployment of the U.S. Army forces in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Performance of the supply pipelines supporting the forces; Description of pipeline performance; Tasks performed by the Logistics Support Activity of the Army Materiel Command in support of...
- How Afghan men fight. Kidd, Richard // Christian Science Monitor;10/1/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 215, p11
Offers the author's experience in Central Asia in the 1990s and what he learned about Afghans. Idea that Afghan strength in war is the result of their will and honor; Limitation of their ability to conduct military operations beyond small-unit actions because of Afghanistan's tribal society...
- Now, how much can US tighten the vise? Grier, Peter; Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 248, p1
Discusses the impact of the firmness of the Taliban's support on the second phase of the United States war in Afghanistan. Outlook for the pursuit and destruction of the remnants of the Taliban and Al Qaeda forces; View of former Pentagon action officer Peter Singer that there will be simmering...
- The Meaning of the Marines. // Christian Science Monitor;11/27/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Discusses the deployment of United States Marines in Afghanistan, and the view that it is necessary to finish what was started and to back strong words from the U.S. with action.