New Lease on Life
- Names and Faces. // Officer Review Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p30
Photographs of the Chapter activities of the Military Order of World Wars is presented, along with the highlights of the festivities.
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR. // St. Clair Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 38, pC2
A calendar of events related to the Metro East community in Illinois from September 7 to October 8, 2011 including line dancing at the PSOP Center in Belleville, the bingo event of the Catholic War Veterans in Swansea, and the meeting of the Korean War Veterans Association in Swansea.
- Retired reserved or discharge? Young, Dorothy F. // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on two soldiers of the same rank who received 20-year letters stating they're eligible for retirement pay at 60. Difference between discharged and retired reserves.
- How to get 'Spin' code stigma off discharges. // Advocate;6/19/74, Issue 140, p16
Reports that U.S. Representative Edward I. Koch is promoting the distribution of information on how ex-military personnel can have Separation Program Number (SPIN) codes removed from their records in 1974. Addresses of the appropriate former service branches where veterans who wish to have...
- Current Fest started with tribute to vets. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/24/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 25, p1
The article offers information on the Veteran's March, a tribute to veterans by the 11th year Freedom Fest celebration of Wharton County on June 25-26, 2010 in Wharton County, Texas.
- The honest colonel. Ward, Olivia // New Internationalist;Feb95, Issue 264, p3
Recounts an interlude with a cashiered Russian colonel. Implication that he was assigned to hardship posts for being honest and upright; His view that Russian military is corrupt; Allegation that he was denied military housing because he refused to pay grease money; View that he has elected to...
- Hiring vets made easier. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;7/1/95, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p8
Advises `PHC Profit Report' subscribers who are participating in the US Armed Forces' `DORS' job placement program to contact the Family Support Center in military bases in their areas. Drawbacks of the program.
- Generals trade their army boots for wingtips in trek to... Bowers, Faye // Christian Science Monitor;12/2/96, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p1
Reports that Lieutenant General William `Gus' Pagonis and other high-profile Desert Storm commanders are in high demand in the civilian business world in the United States. How the hiring of retired military personnel differs from post-Vietnam days; American public's realization that the...
- The DC â€œRat Pack" hosted Picnic for Scholarships. Thompson, Mickey // Washington Informer;6/6/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 34, p2
Photographs of a group of retired military officers including Clarence McFarlande,Charles Wallington and Fred Cherry Sr, at their annual picnic in Rock Creek Park at Washington D.C is presented.