Labour's Challenge to Capital in Fiat: The Influence of Southern Immigrants in a Changing Industrial Culture
- Signs of a Shake-Up. // Time;10/11/1968, Vol. 92 Issue 15, p112
The article focuses on the automobile industry in Europe. It says that France President Charles de Gaulle has commented on the plan of Pierre Bercot, head of France second biggest automaker CitroÃ«n SA, on merging with Italian automaker Fiat SpA. It states that Volkswagen, the biggest...
- Is it DoblÃ² heaven? Barnett, Colin // Commercial Motor;3/11/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5372, p44
The article evaluates the Rat DoblÃ² Cargo truck from Fiat.
- Chrysler Sells $5B in Bonds, Loans. // Leveraged Finance News;2/10/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the sale $3 billion in an upsized add-on bond deal and set the final price on $2 billion in loans of Michigan-based automobile manufacturer Chrysler Group LLC. It mentions that the car maker will use the proceeds to refinance bet it issued when it sold equity to other...
- Fiat's New Wheeler. // Time;5/6/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p116
The article reports on the turnover of Fiat SpA Strike's chairmanship, Italy's largest automobile industry, from Vittorio Valletta to Giovanni Agnelli.
- Talk of Fiat moving HQ to US sparks worry in Italy. // Hill;5/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 59, p16
The article reports that the deliberation of Fiat over its headquarters to the U.S. following a merger with Chrysler has activated a concern among Italian unions and politicians regarding the plans of the country's biggest manufacturer.
- Discourse of termination of employment at FIAT: A conceptual, legal and terminological analysis. Manzella, Pietro // Current Issues of Business & Law;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p122
Terminological and conceptual differences within the general discourse of labour and employment law comprise the object of studies covering different research fields, e.g. Comparative Labour Law, Industrial Relations, Legal Studies, Semiotics, Social Sciences, and Translation Studies. A...
- Fiat on the Skids. // Time;Apr1974, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p88
The article reports on the potential transfer of Italian-based Fiat SpA to state ownership due to its poor financial performance in 1974. It states that the automobile company faced various problems including labor dispute, government intervention on its affairs and declination of its sales. It...
- Migrant Unrest in China An Analysis. Hasija, Namrata // IPCS Special Reports;Apr2012, Issue 119, p1
The article discusses the Hukou, the Chinese household system that separates the urban and rural population and the changes in economic and socio political structures initiated by the government of China. It mentions that due to this household system, rural migrants face maximum social problems....
- Partnerships and corporate responsibility prioritised in Fiat's purchasing policy. Palmen, Nick // Automotive Industries;Oct2006, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p8
The article explains the purchasing policy of automobile maker Fiat which involves partnerships and corporate responsibility. According to a report by the Ca'Foscari University of Venice, purchasing costs represent over 70 percent of the total manufacturing costs of a vehicle. As business ethics...