Repetition of suicide attempts across episodes of severe depression Behavioural sensitisation found in suicide group but not in controls
- Tedium. depression, and suicidal preoccupation. Lester, David // Psychological Reports;Oct93, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p622
Explores the relationship of tedium to depression and suicidal preoccupation. Administration of a measure of tedium to a sample of college students; Association of tedium scores with depression inventory scores; Matching of students with previous suicide attempts with nonsuicidal students for...
- Laurie Taylor. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;12/05/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4363, p75
Focuses on the author's experience concerning his friend's bout with suicidal depression. Accident suffered by the friend of the author.
- State and trait depression and suicidality. Lester, David // Psychological Reports;Aug99, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p162
Explore whether state of trait measures of depression were more strongly associated with suicidal ideation by administering a current depression and depressive personality measure test on a group of students. Results indicating that current depression predicts current suicidal ideation while...
- Emotional control, depression and suicidality. Diggs, Karen Ann; Lester, David // Psychological Reports;Dec96 Part 1, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p774
Explores whether control over emotions is associated with depression and suicidality. Administration of questionnaire to female nurses and college students; Association between emotional expressiveness and depression.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2014, Vol. 1527 Issue 1, p136
The article presents the case of a patient, who developed depression and suicidal ideation after treatment with levetiracetam.
- Psychopathology and Epilepsy: Is It the Chicken or the Egg? // Epilepsy Currents;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p147
The article comments on a research which assessed depression and attempted suicide as risk factors for incident unprovoked seizures and epilepsy. The research argues that major depression contributed to the development of epilepsy. It also concluded that attempted suicide improve the risk for...
- Suicidal ideation in the Finnish general population. A 12-month follow-up study. Hintikka, J.; Pesonen, T.; Saarinen, P.; Tanskanen, A.; Lehtonen, J.; Viinam�ki, H. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p590
Background The epidemiology of suicidal ideation has remained a relatively unstudied area. The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence, prevalence and persistence of and recovery from suicidal ideation in a sample of the Finnish general population. Methods Postal questionnaires...
- What keeps depressed patients from committing suicide? Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;9/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p17
Presents an analysis and commentary of a report by K.M. Malone and colleagues, which dealt with protective factors against suicidal acts in major depression. Presentation of findings in a 2000 issue of 'American Journal of Psychiatry'; Essential part of suicide risk determination; Treatment of...
- The Use of Suicidal Motives in the Psychotherapy Attempted Suicides. Kovacs, Maria; Beck, Aaron T.; Weissman, Arlene // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Jul1975, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p363
Categorizes a suicide patient's suicide attempts and its relation to levels of hopelessness and depression. Discussion of findings in the light of the psychotherapy of suicidal individuals; View of patients that life was not worth living; Link of hopelessness to seriousness of suicide attempt;...