Mental health of female foreign spouses in transnational marriages in southern Taiwan
- Coping with a spouse's mental illness. Rockstead, April // Progressive;Sep90, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the Alliance for the Mentally Ill which provides a support network for spouses of the seriously mentally ill as well as for parents of mentally ill adults. Comments by group members.
- Mental Disorders in Married Couples (Assortative Mating). Nielsen, Johannes // British Journal of Psychiatry;Sep64, Vol. 110 Issue 468, p683
The article examines the mental disorders in married couples within the framework of the Samso Project, a psychiatric demographic research project with an intensive psychiatric service in a geographically delimited area. Accordingly, the project is a study of the frequency of mental disorder in...
- Risk of suicide and spouse's psychiatric illness or suicide: nested case-control study. Agerbo, Esben // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/1/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7422, p1025
Presents the results of a nested case-control study of the association between a spouse's psychiatric illness, suicide, and other causes of death and own suicide. Participants; Methodology; Results; Comments; Conclusion that a greater risk of committing suicide was associated with a spouse who...
- SUICIDE AND SPOUSES' PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS OR SUICIDE. Agerbo, E. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Aug2004 Supplement 1, Vol. 58, pA3
This article deals with a study which was aimed to estimate the risk of suicide among people of Denmark whose marital partner has been admitted with a psychiatric disorder or has died by suicide or other causes. Danish population based registers were used to identify the 9,011 people aged 25-60...
- A RelaÃ§Ã£o entre VariÃ¡veis de SaÃºde Mental e CogniÃ§Ã£o em Idosos ViÃºvos. Trentini, Clarissa Marceli; Werlang, Blanca Susana Guevara; Xavier, Flávio Merino de Freitas; Argimon, Irani Iracema de Lima // Psicologia: ReflexÃ£o e Critica;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p236
To assess the cognitive abilities of widowed elders, a total sample of 34 elders (who have lost their spouses in the last 12 months) was identified among elders in VeranÃ³polis-RS and 30 of them accepted to participate in the study. The control group was composed by 30 married subjects paired...
- Neurosis and Marital Interaction: I. Personality and Symptoms. Kreitman, Norman; Collins, Joyce; Nelson, Barbara; Troop, Jane // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul70, Vol. 117 Issue 536, p33
The article discusses a research of the effects of neurosis on the patient's marriage and marital partner, in which observations made in a previous study were repeated and extended and certain hypothesis arising from these data were tested. The patients' wives scored higher than the control...
- A confirmatory factor analysis of the BASIS-32 in racial and ethnic samples. Chow, Julian Chun-Chung; Snowden, Lonnie R.; McConnell, William; Chow, J C; Snowden, L R; McConnell, W // Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research;Nov2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p400
The present study performed confirmatory factor analysis across major racial and ethnic groups of the BASIS-32, a measure of functional status of persons receiving mental health treatment and suitable for routine assessment mental health care. The purpose was to perform a preliminary...
- Mental Health and Mental Illness in Later Life: The Ecology of Theory and Practice. Smyer, Michael A.; Bartels, Stephen J. // Generations;Spring2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Introduces a series of article which highlights several aspects of mental health and mental illness in later life to provide an understanding of the challenges faced by the aged in maintaining mental health.
- MENTAL HEALTH: A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW CENTURY. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p41
Presents information regarding mental illness and the health challenges that face the 21st century. Understanding of mental illness; Priorities in mental health; Global aspects of mental illness.