The Impact of Self Esteem, Family Rituals, Religiosity, and Participation in Conforming Activities upon Delinquency: A Comparison of Young Adults in Turkey and the United States
- Friendship and Self-esteem in Contemporary Adolescents. Tsutomu OKADA // Japanese Journal of Personality;2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
This study explored how the characteristics of friendship related to self-esteem in adolescents. Surveys measuring friendship, sense of acceptance, sense of rejection, and self-esteem were administered to 246 senior high school students and 236 college students. Cluster analysis yielded three...
- Effect of Fathering Methods and Child Environmental Factors on Adolescents Vulnerability to Delinquency in Mushin Area of Lagos, Nigeria. Osarenren, Ngozi; Nwadinigwe, Peter; Awazie, Emmanuel // British Journal of Arts & Social Sciences;Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p127
The study investigated the relative effectiveness of fathering methods and child environmental factors on adolescents' vulnerability to delinquency. The participants were 150 secondary school students, consisting of 75 males and 75 females and randomly selected in Mushin Area of Lagos State....
- QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL) AMONG DELINQUENT ADOLESCENTS. ESHAGHI, SEYED MORTEZA; OTAGHSARA, ASHOKA KHANMOHAMMADI; OTAGHSARA, ARSALAN KHANMOHAMMADI // Golden Research Thoughts;Mar2013, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p1
The present study was aimed to investigate the quality of life (QOL) among delinquent adolescents. This study was a descriptive study with ex-post facto design. Using a random sampling technique 287 (consists of 144 normal and 143 delinquent) adolescents were selected for the purpose of this...
- CAUSES OF ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR OF ADOLESCENTS. Jevtic, Bisera // Problems of Education in the 21st Century;2011, Vol. 38, p24
Problems of antisocial behavior today are not only consequence of bad material conditions, nowadays they ensue more and more from contradictories of rich society that gave to everyone proportionally high standards in the area of work and behavior, but not in consumption field. This state brings...
- Social Support and Self-esteem Among Adolescents with Visual Impairments. Huurre, Taina Maarit; Komulainen, Erkki Juhani // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Jan99, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p26
Provides information on a study which examined whether adolescents with and without visual impairments differed in social support and self-esteem. Methodology; Three types of social support measures used in the study; Results of the study; Conclusion.
- Deviant adolescent subcultures: Assessment strategies and clinical interventions. Clark, Cynthia M. // Adolescence;Summer92, Vol. 27 Issue 106, p283
Presents assessment strategies, preventive methods, and clinical interventions to assist clinicians working with teenagers who are involved with deviant subcultures. Alienation and youth; Satanism; Violent street gangs; Psychosocial assessment; Prevention.
- Psychopathology in incarcerated juvenile delinquents: Does it extend beyond externalizing problems? Armistead, Lisa; Wierson, Michelle // Adolescence;Summer92, Vol. 27 Issue 106, p309
Delineates factors that are associated with, and may contribute to, juvenile delinquency. Method; Results and discussion.
- Psychosocial characteristics of institutionalized adolescents: Resilient or at risk? Hutchinson, Roger L.; Tess, Dan E. // Adolescence;Summer92, Vol. 27 Issue 106, p339
Provides a psychosocial description of 187 institutionalized adolescents. Findings reveal that these adolescents may not be as psychologically dysfunctional as is commonly surmised; Definitions; At-risk adolescents; Method; Results; Discussion.
- Relating learning strategies, self-esteem, intellectual functioning with academic achievement among first-year engineering students. Seabi, Joseph // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p239
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between learning strategies, self-esteem, intellectual functioning and academic achievement among first-year engineering students in South Africa. The current study also intended to determine which variables would contribute...