Comparison of Necrotizing Fasciitis and Sepsis Caused by Vibrio vulnificus and Staphylococcus aureus
- Potential pitfalls of basing specific antibiotic therapy on rapid susceptibility reporting. Cunha, Burke A.; Brown, Jack // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p1246
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Rapid testing for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: implications for antimicrobial stewardship" which appeared in the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy."
- New MRSA strain detected among humans, cows in UK, Denmark. DeNyse, Ashley // Infectious Disease News;Jul2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses the discovery of a new methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureaus strain among humans and cows in Denmark and Great Britain.
- Erratum to: Oxacillin-susceptible methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (OS-MRSA), a hidden resistant mechanism among clinically significant isolates in the Wessex region/UK. Saeed, K.; Ahmad, N.; Dryden, M.; Cortes, N.; Marsh, P.; Sitjar, A.; Wyllie, S.; Bourne, S.; Hemming, J.; Jeppesen, C.; Green, S. // Infection;Oct2014, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p949
A correction to the article "Oxacillin-susceptible methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (OS-MRSA), a hidden resistant mechanism among clinically significant isolates in the Wessex region/UK" published in previous issue is presented.n
- Threat Increasing from Deadly Superbug. // USA Today Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 138 Issue 2777, p2
The article reports on a study published in "Emerging Infectious Diseases" that the community-associated strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteria is spreading in U.S. hospitals, and is posing a greater health threat because it is easily transferred between inpatient...
- The Control of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Blood Stream Infections in England. Duerden, Brian; Fry, Carole; Johnson, Alan P.; Wilcox, Mark H. // Open Forum Infectious Diseases;Spring2015, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) blood stream infection (BSI) is a major healthcare burden in some but not all healthcare settings, and it is associated with 10%-20% mortality. The introduction of mandatory reporting in England of MRSA BSI in 2001 was followed in 2004 by the...
- Identification of the novel spectinomycin resistance gene spw in methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus of human and animal origin. Wendlandt, Sarah; Li, Beibei; Lozano, Carmen; Ma, Zhiyong; Torres, Carmen; Schwarz, Stefan // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jul2013, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p1679
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Identification of the novel spectinomycin resistance gene spw in methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus of human and animal origin" by Sarah Wendlandt et al. in the 2013; 68 issue.
- Necrotizing fasciitis caused by a variant of epidemic methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus -15. Govindan, S.; Chakrakodi, B.; Prabhakara, S.; Arakere, G.; Kumar, S.; Bairy, I. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Oct2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p476
We report a case of necrotizing fasciitis (NF), caused by community-acquired epidemic methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus 15 (EMRSA 15). The patient had a prolonged recovery period following treatment with antibiotics and surgical debridement of the infected part. Molecular...
- Infant with MRSA necrotizing fasciitis. Rajan, Maria Panglao; Patel, Pinkal; Cash, Lori; Parish, Anjali; Darby, Scott; Yu, Jack; Bhatia, Jatinder // Research & Reports in Neonatology;2014, Vol. 4, p87
This is an unusual case of necrotizing fasciitis caused by methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus in this premature infant, which highlights severity, rapid progression of this disease and shows outcome if intervention is initiated at an early stage. This case also highlights one of the...
- Necrotizing Fasciitis Following BCG Vaccination. THAPA, RAJOO; MALLICK, DEBKRISHNA; BISWAS, BISWAJIT // Indian Pediatrics;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p235
We report a newborn with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus mediated necrotizing fasciitis after Bacilli-Calmette-Guerin vaccination. Radical debridement of the affected area coupled with twice daily surgical honey dressing and intravenous vancomycin and clindamycin resulted in...