Publishers Trundle Along in Q3
- Earnings Rise 4% At Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the financial performance of book publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the year 2003. Operating profits of the company; Decline in the sales of Harlequin; Factors attributed to the decline in the sales of the company.
- Scholastic's Q1 Echoes Potter Periods; Shows Company Changes. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the financial conditions of Scholastic Inc. which posted 33.2 million dollars loss as of the first quarter of 2012.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/28/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 39, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of publishing company Scholastic in the quarter ended August 31, 2015.
- Scholastic Settles Down In Fiscal 2011. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of Scholastic in fiscal year ended May 31, 2011.
- Operating Margins Showed Improvement in 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the increase in the operating margins of several publishers in the U.S. in 2002. Harlequin; John Wiley & Sons; Scholastic; McGraw-Hill Education.
- Harlequin Has Fair 2006 as Foreign Exchange Takes Bite. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p9
The article reports that the movements of the Canadian dollar over the U.S. dollar and a complicated array of hedges have cast the shadow on an otherwise fair year for women's fiction publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. in Toronto, Ontario. The company's revenue has risen $7.9 million to $399.8...
- Harlequin: Q1 Success Linked to E-books; Digitization Pace Ups. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the increase in the profits of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the first quarter of 2007 in North America. The company's revenue during the quarter grew to 5.2% to $111.7 million. Meanwhile, its operating profit rose 26.6% to $17.1 million. The company claims that the...
- First Half Offers Mixed Results for Leading Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of several publication companies in the first half of 2008 in the U.S. Harlequin recorded a decline of $11.1 million in revenue due to the weak economy. HarperCollins' operating profit increased by $7 million compared to the same period in 2007....
- The Good and the Bad of The Second Half of 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the book industry in the second half of 2008 in the U.S. It reveals that publishing companies have recorded a decline in profit in the said period brought by the impact of the recession. Information on the financial performance of several...