FOR THE RECORD
- DBS Rules Power Ranks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p18
Discusses the results of a study conducted by J.D. Power and Associates regarding customer satisfaction on the services of satellite television firms and cable television companies in the U.S. Rank of satellite television firm EchoStar Communications Corp. in terms of overall customer...
- DBS Customers Happier Than Cable Users. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/25/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 34, p3
Presents the results of a survey by J.D. Power and Associates on the satisfaction of customers with cable operators and direct broadcasting by satellite (DBS) companies in the U.S. Satisfaction of video customers with DirecTV and EchoStar; Performance of cable operators; Ranking of DBS...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.
- Kids TV's delicate global balance. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p41
Looks into the globalization activities, efforts at optimal balancing of United States and local programming by children's television networks. Cartoon Network; Nickelodeon; Fox Children's Network.
- Top ten television shows, June 12-18. // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Ranks the top ten television shows in the United States of the week, June 12-18, 1995.