Insight Plays on Off ense, Defense
- Michael S. Wilner. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4
Profiles vice chairman and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, Michael S. Willner. Customer base of the cable operator as of April 7, 2003; Awards given to the company by Cablevision magazine and Communications Technology magazine; Public-affairs initiatives taken by Willner;...
- Upbeat show, downbeat topics. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;05/14/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the cable telecommunication industry in the United States. Comments from Michael Willner, president and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, on the industry; Readiness of cable networks for competition; Advantage of television and computer to cable.
- Cable's Stake in DTV Transition. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p17
Outlines the testimony given by Michael Willner, chief executive officer of Insight Communications, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding the transition of cable television to digital television on September 25, 2002. ...
- Willner, Knafel to Lead Penthera. Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p8
The article informs that Michael S. Willner and Sidney R. Knafel, co-founders of Insight Communications Co. Inc., will invest in new media-technology venture Penthera Partners.
- Willner's Leadership Earns Respect From Peers. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p4A
Reports on the leadership qualities of Michael Willner, chief executive officer of cable network company Insight Communications Co. and chairman of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. Services of Willner in cable industry; Awards received by Willner for his works; Description...
- Insight Sale Wrap Prompts Goodbye From Willner. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the farewell post by chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Willner of Insight Communications Co. Inc. on his blog following the three-billion dollar buyout of Insight Communications by Time Warner Cable Inc. in 2012.
- Willner Calls for a TV Tax. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the need for a federal tax intended to subsidize local television stations to replace the system that allows broadcasters to demand cash for carriage from cable operators in the U.S. Michael Willner, chief executive officer of Insight Communications Inc. said that...
- Insight Wants to Grow After It Shrinks. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p22
The article comments on the operations and strategies of the U.S.-based Insight Communications according to chief executive officer Michael Willner. Insight has decided to separate itself from the Insight Midwest joint venture in November 2007. Details about Insight's strategies and revenue...
- Small Cablers Seek Exemption. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p26
The article reports on a blanket exemption for small cable television operators by Insight Communications chief executive Michael Willner from new digital television station carriage rules adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in September 2007. Willner stressed that small...