For 'Real L Word' Stars, Marketing Is the Word
- For 'Real L Word' Stars, Marketing Is the Word. Umstead, R. Thomas; Eggerton, John; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p5
The article reports on the marketing campaign of Showtime's new reality television series "The Real L Word" with the public appearances of its lesbian stars including Rose Garcia, Whitney Mixter, and Mikey Koffman.
- Working girl. // Echo Magazine;7/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p48
An interview with Mikey Koffman, owner of Los Angeles, California-based marketing firm The Gallery, is presented. She says that she joins the reality television program "The Real L Word" as she wanted to have an opportunity to tell her story. She emphasizes that all her filming is based around...
- The Hollywood Treatment. Massey, Liz // Echo Magazine;6/10/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p14
In this article the author discusses the upcoming lesbian-centric reality television show "The Real L Word" in the U.S. She criticizes the tendency of presenting this show as nonfiction when its original version, a cable series, was presented as fiction. She says that the inclusion of sexual...
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall. Arnold, Shayna Rose; Bernstein, Leilah; Herold, Ann; Nichols, Chris; Wilson, Sara // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p28
The article reviews several U.S. reality television programs including "Cupcake Wars," "The Real L Word," and "Holly's World."
- L Is for reaLity. Karpel, Ari // Advocate;Jun/Jul2010, Issue 1039, p80
The article discusses the reality television program "The Real L Word," which appears on the Showtime television network and focuses on the real lives of lesbian couples. Profiles of several of the program's cast members are presented. A discussion of the themes and subjects that are seen on the...
- The Real L Word. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;6/17/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 53, p6
The article reviews the television program "The Real L Word."
- VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. // BlackBook Magazine;Jun/Jul2010, Issue 77, p119
An interview with the cast and creator of the reality television series "The Real L Word" is presented. When asked what she felt about the original "The L Word" show, special effects artist Whitney Mixter says that the dynamics of the cast paralleled that of her own circle of friends and brought...
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.