LET'S MAKE A DEAL
- LET'S MAKE A DEAL. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the mergers and acquisition trend within the cable systems industry which is driven by the industry's low value in the market. It notes that the acquisition of Bresnan Communications Inc. by Cablevision Systems Corp., which costs 1.4 billion dollars, in June 2010 would...
- Cablevision, TCI wrap deal, add one. Peers, Martin // Variety;03/09/98, Vol. 370 Issue 4, p31
Reports the completion of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s acquisition of Tele-Communications Inc. cable systems in New Jersey and New York. Estimated worth of the deal; Swap agreement between the two parties.
- Merger to rechannel cable TV competition. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p20
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s acquisition of MediaOne Group Inc. Terms of the agreement; Economic benefits of the deal to the city of Detroit, Michigan; Effect on the cable television competition in the city. INSET: Counting cable customers.
- Living large in 1997. Brown, Sara // Broadcasting & Cable;02/02/98, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p32
Presents information on television station and cable trading in the United States for 1997. Expectation that there will be a decrease in volume and transactions in 1998 in station trading; How the Federal Communications Commission's attitude toward consolidation could impact on trading in 1997;...
- A Tele-markable merger. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/94, Vol. 124 Issue 33, p36
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s purchase of TeleCable Corporation. Significance of the deal; Terms of agreement; Importance of consolidation to cable system operators; Cablevision Systems Corp.'s purchase of three systems from Sutton Capital Associates; Other cable deals. INSET: Top...
- Lawmaker could block MSG deal. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
Reports on Representative Charles Schumer's criticism against Cablevision's acquisition of Madison Square Garden. Schumer's claims that the deal is an open-and-shut violation of antitrust; Schumer's criticism as a potential obstacle to the deal.
- Cable-Hungry Ma Bell Turns Hostile. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;5/3/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p56
Mentions the hostile cash-and-stock offer made by AT&T chief executive officer, Michael Armstrong, for MediaOne, a cable-television company. Telecommunications Inc. purchased in early 1999; Cable's coaxial pipeline as the communications highway of choice.
- Cable webs' future muddled. Flint, Joe // Variety;2/21/94, Vol. 354 Issue 3, p179
Reports on television networks' buying of other cable networks. Paramount and MCA as owners of USA and the Sci-Fi Network; USA's gross advertising revenue and subscriber revenue.
- Cablevision looks to the West. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/15/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has agreed to acquire Bresnan Communications Inc., a privately held cable operator, in a deal valued at 1.36 billion dollars.