Feeling Better, Looking Forward
- CONTRACTS. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2011, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p18
This section offers news briefs on railway contracts including the feasibility studies that KMPG and Arup will conduct for a proposed road and metro bridge in India, a contract awarded by Romania's Bucuresti metro authority Metrorex, and another contract awarded by Serbia's Vojvodina province.
- In the End, It's Still About Jobs. Worthman, Ernest // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p4
Discusses economic issues concerning the wireless technology industry in the U.S. Traditional meaning of economic recovery; Use of the stock market as an economic recovery barometer by the government; Estimated number of jobs that were lost during the business failures of dot.com companies.
- INDUSTRY QUEASY ABOUT '04 REBOUND. Fitchard, Kevin; Gubbins, Ed; O'Shea, Dan; Vittore, Vince // Telephony;8/16/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 15, p6
Presents telecommunication industry-related reports as of August 16, 2004. Discussion on the growth in Digital Subscriber Lines (DSL) customers in different companies; Availability of FTTP to every home in Keller, Texas; Economic recovery of the wireless industry in the U.S.
- RICHARDSON. Richardson, Chris // BRW;12/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p24
The article presents the authors' insights on the global economic conditions for 2010. It was forecasted that global banking system particularly the U.S. banks and Western Europe's banks may still face losses. However, it states that there will be economic recovery in 2010 particularly in...
- Outsourcing Poised to Recover? Davis, Jessica // Channel Insider;10/21/2009, p1
The article focuses on the potential recovery in the telecom-to-telecom outsourcing industry. According to the third quarter (3Q) Global TPI Index of the Stamford, Connecticut-based sourcing data and advisory giant TPI, 30% of the 3Q value is attributed to the five telecom-to-telecom deals...
- Aussie businesses prepare for expansion. Kennedy, Chris // Money Management;6/17/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p10
The article reports on the 2010 private companies survey conducted by KPMG LLP which shows that Australian private firms are preparing for business expansion compared to the 2009 result.
- Bring back adviser system urges agribusiness report. Edlin, Bob // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Jul2011, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p24
The article highlights the 2011 KPMG Agribusiness Agenda report which asserts that on-farm extension programs are needed in New Zealand to enable the sector to adopt new technologies. According to the author, the report was written based on interviews with industry leaders, with most of them...
- Kampf gegen GeldwÃ¤sche wird fÃ¼r Banken immer teurer. // Risiko Manager;2011, Issue 20, p4
The article discusses an international survey conducted by the accounting and consulting firm KPMG, according to which banks are investing more than ever before in combating money laundry, although it entails increasingly high costs.
- KPMG COMMENTS. // Compliance Week;Feb2012, Vol. 9 Issue 97, p23
An excerpt from the comment letter of KMPG LLP on mandatory auditor rotation in the U.S. is presented.