Cable Rivals Target Sports Nets
- DirecTV Jumps at ESPN 3D. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;4/5/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p2
The article focuses on DirectTV Inc., which is planning to distribute the ESPN 3-D which will produce several sporting events.
- Viewer Finds Hoops Package Maddening. Kramer, Staci D. // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p55
Reports on the sport packages of DirecTV Inc. Variations in the offerings of DirecTV; Access to out-of-market games.
- DirecTV's HD Net Hits Launching Pad. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p1
Reports the establishment of a high-definition sports channel of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Nature of the premier telecast; Selection of sporting events; Inclusion of entertainment programs.
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- 10: Back9network In Play On Directv. // Golf World;9/29/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p16
The article focuses on the scheduled launch of Back9Network, a television network focusing on golf, on channel 262 of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. According to the network's president Carlos Silva, golf is more than a professional game which one can enjoy with one's family and friends. The network...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;7/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 132, p2
Presents updates on cable television in the U.S. Launching of the "V Cast Performances," a music performance and concert tour program for phones equipped with V Cast technology, by Verizon; Plan of DirecTV to pitch MLB games in HD by regional sports nets in 19 markets; Schedule of the YES...
- CSTV's Starters: DirecTV, No MSOs. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p34
College Sports Television (CSTV) is expected to enter into an agreement with DirecTV Inc. as its only multichannel distributor on April 07, 2003. Subscribers to the direct-broadcast satellite provider's "Sports Pack" will receive CSTV when it officially starts off around 11: 30 p.m. ET, after...
- DirecTV Has Lewis-Grant. // Multichannel News;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p28
Reports that DirecTV Inc. will be the only service to broadcast the April 29, 2000 fight of undisputed world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis live to all of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Universal Sports Net Lands DirecTV Deal. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p10
The article offers information on the multiyear, multiplatform distribution pact between Universal Sports Network with DirecTV Inc. which contains provisions for pay-per-view programming for the 2011 coverage of Rugby World Cup.