Looking for a 'Fourth Way'
- E-TECH UP DATE. Bauer, Robert // SciTech Lawyer;Spring2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p28
The article offers information on the National Broadband Plan released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in March 2010. Six long term goals of plan include making U.S. the leader in mobile innovation with fastest wireless network in the world and providing affordable broadband...
- Internet: If it ain't broke, why try fix it? Bairstow, Jeffrey // Laser Focus World;Jun2010, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p84
In this article the author offers his views on the proposal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend parts of the 1996 Telecommunications Act to broadband Internet service providers (ISPs). The author believes that such proposal would mean that the FCC wanted to have...
- Government Spectrum Reallocation Takes Time. Smith, J. J. // Government Video;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on the reallocation by the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the government's broadband spectrum to commercial use. He mentions the inquiry by members of the U.S. House of...
- FCC Plans Net Neutral Rules On Broadband. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;2/5/2015, pA01
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to regulate the neutrality rulings for the broadband industry. On February 4, 2015, FCC Commissioner Tom Wheeler proposed the regulation of the Internet service providers and to expand the Internet neutrality of...
- Lobbyist: FCC plan is overkill. Jerome, Sara // Hill;6/11/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p17
The article reports on the comment by the lobbyist Jim Cicconi of AT&T concerning the broadband policy of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC to pay broadband suppliers for more U.S. rural broadband deployment. // Wire Journal International;Oct2015, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plan to pay 6 billion dollars to several broadband suppliers to spread broadband deployment in rural areas.
- Genachowski Defends Broadband Stance. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p4
The article notes the defense made by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski on the reclassification of broadband service under new regulations of the commission.
- King of the hill. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2000, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p12
Discusses relations between the United States Congress and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Bill to rein the agency's ability to delay mergers of telecommunications firms; Reduction of the FCC budget for public relations; Application of the public interest on matters of importance.
- THE BATTLE for spectrum. Aitken, Mark A. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p40
The article focuses on the aspects on the summary of the National Broadband Plan (NBP) initiative of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on spectrum policy. It states the that NBP stresses that there should be 500 megahertz (MHz) of available broadband within 10 years. It also adds...