MIGRATION ANALYSIS: THE ROLE OF GEOGRAPHIC SCALE
- Canda: So Near, Yet So Far. Ramana, Venkat // Siliconindia;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on Canada immigration. Benefits of working and living in Canada; Changes in the immigration law; Immigration process for H1-B visa.
- Kahramanmaras'ta G�� Hareketleri ve Do&gcaron;urdu&gcaron;u Problemler. Gurbuz, Mehmet // Journal of Academic Studies;Feb-Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p131
Addresses the immigration problems in Kahramanmaras, Turkey. Population of Kahramanmaras in 1997; Cause of the immigration problems; Action to be done in order to solve the problem.
- ON THE CONTRIBUTION OF OUT-MIGRATION TO CHANGES IN NET MIGRATION: A TIME SERIES CONFIRMATION OF BEALE'S CROSS-SECTIONAL RESULTS. Kriesberg, Ellis M.; Vining Jr., Daniel R. // Annals of Regional Science;Nov78, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Recent cross-sectional studies of population migration patterns have consistently failed to find any relationship between the economic conditions prevalent in an area and the propensity of its inhabitants to emigrate. Changes in the rate of out-migration apparently occur only slowly as the age...
- Foreign Aid as a Discipline on Illegal Immigration. Lecker, Tikva // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p571
This paper deals with a sanctions policy toward reducing illegal immigration. Using a single-period game, it shows that by imposing a penalty on each apprehended illegal alien, the host country will increase the motivation of the source country to expend money for preventing illegal immigration....
- District states attract movers. // Fedgazette;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p23
Presents graphs pertaining to the migration statistics on district states in the United States between 1997 and 1998. Percentage of people who migrated in the time period; Ratio of emigration and immigration in Wisconsin.
- WELCOME TO AMERICA! // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);2/19/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p2
Presents a guide for teaching students the history of immigration in the United States.
- A COMPARISON OF YOUNG AND MIDDLE-AGED MIGRATION IN VENEZUELA. Levy, Mildred B.; Wadycki, Walter J. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec72, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p73
Compares young and middle-aged migration in Venezuela. Model of migration used in the study; Migration estimation by age and sex; Responsiveness of young subjects to opportunities measured by average wage and unemployment levels.
- APPLICATION OF MIGRATION HATTON'S MODEL IN TURKISH MIGRATION CASE. Beton, D. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi Ekonom�ki;Apr2011, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p256
This paper aims to capture the effects of both short and long term variables on migration flows from Turkey to Germany. A simple time series model which was developed by Hatton is applied to migration data from Turkey covering the years between 1970 and 2000. A new variable is added to Hatton's...
- This Coyote's Life. Spener, David // NACLA Report on the Americas;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the life of a paid guide known commonly as a coyote who helps Mexican migrants enter the United States illegally. Details on the activities of a guide; Experiences of `El Carpintero,' a paid guide in Mexico.