CAUSES OF DISINVESTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY'S HOUSING
- Israel: time to divest. Tutu, Desmond; Urbina, Ian // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2003, Issue 353, p5
Focuses on the role of divestment movements in ending Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories captured during the 1967 military campaign. Responsibility of the U.S. to intervene in atrocities committed by its client states; Demand by American students to review their university...
- BDS rally defends Palestine. Harrison, Patrick // Green Left Weekly;11/21/2012, Issue 946, p4
The article focuses on a rally, part of a worldwide campaign for boycott, divestments and sanctions (BDS) against Israel held in at Parramatta, New South Wales on November 15, 2012.
- Palestinians call for boycott. Bolton, Sue // Green Left Weekly;7/7/2010, Issue 843, p4
The article reports on the efforts of U.S.-Palestinian professor Saree Makdisi and Canadian-Palestinian lawyer Diana Buttu in promoting the international campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.
- The Value Impact of New Residential Construction and Neighborhood Disinvestment on Residential Sales Price. Simons, Robert A.; Quercia, Roberto G.; Maric, Ivan // Journal of Real Estate Research;1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p147
The topic of neighborhood redevelopment is central to residential appraisal and the lending process. We examine both the effect of neighborhood upgrading and decline, captured by subsidized new residential construction and sustained property tax delinquency respectively, on the sales price of...
- Reaping what they had sown. // Money Today;May2010, p13
The article explores how the decision of some companies in India to divest their stakes in unlisted subsidiaries and associate companies affected their shareholders. The stock of Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) soared following the divestment of its stake in the unlisted...
- Country Risk Summary: ISRAEL. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on the current political and economic condition of Israel. Events since the announcement by Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon that Israel will dismantle 17 settlements and withdraw unilaterally from Gaza give little room for optimism. The Knesset Finance Committee has...
- House Oks bill allowing Sudan, Iran divestment. // Pensions & Investments;8/6/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p17
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has approved on July 31, 2007 separate bills that would clear the way for pension and mutual funds to divest holdings in some companies. These companies are doing business in Sudan and Iran without facing legal challenges. The bills...
- SECTOR NEWS. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p8
The article offers news briefs related to China's economic condition in 2011. It mentions that its gross domestic product (GDP) growth moderated to 9.1 percent in the third quarter, which was considered the slowest pace in more than two years. It states that Chinese housing prices have began to...
- Few disposals suggest a slow start to spring. Shirley, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;1/17/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p74
Reports the divestiture of several farms in Great Britain in January 2003. Reasons behind the move; Manor Farm in Admington, Warks; Greyland, an organic livestock holding at Holsworthy Beacon; KVN Stockdale in Devon.