Cigarette smoking: an underused tool in high-performance endurance training
- No Ifs, Ands, or Butts. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Nov2001, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the smoking problem of United States military personnel. Smoking problem of Major Liz Stone; Tips on how to quit smoking; Program to help military personnel in their smoking habit.
- Extent of smoking and nicotine dependence in the United States: 1991ï¿½1993. Kandel, Denise B.; Chen, Kevin // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Aug2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p263
Rates of nicotine dependence vary in different sociodemographic groups in the population. These group differences remain to be understood. The objective of this study is to specify the relationship between cigarette consumption and nicotine dependence and whether group differences are explained...
- Hardening and the hard-core smoker: concepts, evidence, and implications. Warner, Kenneth E.; Burns, David M. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Feb2003, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the relation between the notion of hardening and the definition of hard-core smoker in the U.S. Lack of evidence that the population of smokers as a whole is hardening; Ways to help the most dependent smokers to quit; Expansion of comprehensive tobacco-control programs in both the...
- One defeat after another. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p42
Discusses Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien's allocation of $185 million over three years to convince Canada's 6.6 million smokers to kick their habit. Attempt to appease dramatic tobacco tax cuts; Tobacco Demand Reduction Strategy; Anti-smoking media campaign; `Survey on Smoking in...
- Study finds smoking too prevalent in Harlem. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p59
Reports on a study conducted by Harlem Health Promotion Center on the percentage of cigarette smokers in Harlem in comparison to that in New York City. Susceptibility of smokers to health problems associated with smoking in Harlem; Need for smoking cessation programs in Harlem; Relationship...
- Teens and Tobacco. // Science World;2/19/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p12
The article explains the findings of the Monitoring the Future Survey for 2005 which stated cigarette smoking among students is at the lowest levels in the history of the survey.
- Make the Right Choice. // Winner;Sep2001, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p13
Presents an article on the health aspects of cigarette smoking.
- WHen I GROW UP. Rizzo, Kay D. // Winner;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p8
Presents an article about smoking and its effects on health.
- Grandpa and the Killer. Whitaker, Rachel // Winner;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p6
The article presents an activity for children about the dangers of smoking cigarettes.