Garner v Murray: a case of misunderstanding
- Welcome clarity on fixed-share status. // Lawyer 2B;2/27/2012, p19
The article reports that in an unfair dismissal claim being pursued by LLP partner Martin Tiffin against Lester Aldridge, the Court of Appeal (CoA) ruled on the status of fixed-share partners on February 1, 2012. It is stated that the court will consider that a person is not an employee and is...
- NJBIZ. // Business News New Jersey;03/13/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p2
Reports developments related to business enterprises in New Jersey as of March 2001. Comments on anti-HIV medication prices of Merck & Co. Inc.; Lawsuit filed against stock promoter Robert Brennan; Agreement between Iridian Technologies and Matsushita Communication Industrial for product...
- Make Asset Protection Part of Financial Plan. Hepburn, Douglas P. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on a suggestion to business enterprises to make asset protection a high priority from potential litigation that business owners may face. Reasons for increase in federal laws governing employment; Benefits of establishing Professional Employee Organizations; Value of co-employment.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p76
Presents court cases related to accounting in New Zealand for March 1999. Includes a case on the prevention for chartered accountants to undertaking litigation support work; Case on profit distribution of a dissolved partnership.
- Brush up on your case law. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Apr1976, Vol. 87 Issue 992, p102
The article presents cases related to accounting practice in Great Britain. Details of the case "Thompson's Trustee Bankruptcy versus Heaton" were given. The importance of the Howard Smith Ltd. versus Ampol Petroleum on the fiduciary duties of directors was emphasized. The court's decision on...
- The Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p22
Reports developments on various businesses as of October 2003. Details on the lawsuit filed against Carnival Cruise Lines Inc. by Entergy Corp.; Increase on the number of students in Louisiana; Acquisition of the assets of Merchants Insurance Services Inc. by the Regions Financial Corp.
- Write stuff. // Chartered Accountants Journal;May2009, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in the previous issues including "Street Fight in the High Court", about the technical side of accounting, and the significance of the journal for businesses in New Zealand.
- What lies beneath. Burns, Stuart // Accountancy;Dec2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1288, p56
This article highlights the issue that companies should be clear about their behaviour before they litigate against other companies. The article provide instances related to two protagonist companies, company A and company B. Company A had built a considerable business by sourcing products in...
- A Declaration of Independence. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2002, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p14
Provides insightful lessons regarding professional liability claims against other accountants. Presentation of a sample case; Errors made by the accounting firm involved in the case; Recognition of a firm's independence as a valuable asset.