Garner v Murray: a case of misunderstanding
- Welcome clarity on fixed-share status. // Lawyer 2B;2/27/2012, p19
The article reports that in an unfair dismissal claim being pursued by LLP partner Martin Tiffin against Lester Aldridge, the Court of Appeal (CoA) ruled on the status of fixed-share partners on February 1, 2012. It is stated that the court will consider that a person is not an employee and is...
- NJBIZ. // Business News New Jersey;03/13/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p2
Reports developments related to business enterprises in New Jersey as of March 2001. Comments on anti-HIV medication prices of Merck & Co. Inc.; Lawsuit filed against stock promoter Robert Brennan; Agreement between Iridian Technologies and Matsushita Communication Industrial for product...
- Make Asset Protection Part of Financial Plan. Hepburn, Douglas P. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on a suggestion to business enterprises to make asset protection a high priority from potential litigation that business owners may face. Reasons for increase in federal laws governing employment; Benefits of establishing Professional Employee Organizations; Value of co-employment.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p76
Presents court cases related to accounting in New Zealand for March 1999. Includes a case on the prevention for chartered accountants to undertaking litigation support work; Case on profit distribution of a dissolved partnership.
- Brush up on your case law. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Apr1976, Vol. 87 Issue 992, p102
The article presents cases related to accounting practice in Great Britain. Details of the case "Thompson's Trustee Bankruptcy versus Heaton" were given. The importance of the Howard Smith Ltd. versus Ampol Petroleum on the fiduciary duties of directors was emphasized. The court's decision on...
- Collections or Small Claims? Hart, Shelley // Business Credit;May2011, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the options to be considered on collecting of accounts. One can consider filing a small claims suit against either a business or an owner. In filing the suit, some research is needed to get the information from the country in which the business or the owner is located....
- The Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p22
Reports developments on various businesses as of October 2003. Details on the lawsuit filed against Carnival Cruise Lines Inc. by Entergy Corp.; Increase on the number of students in Louisiana; Acquisition of the assets of Merchants Insurance Services Inc. by the Regions Financial Corp.
- Wesier Nabs Third 2005 Deal. // Public Accounting Report;9/30/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p2
The article presents news briefs on issues and events related to accounting firms in the U.S. as of September 2005. The directors of Metropolitan Mortgage & Securities Co. of Spokane, Washington have sued PricewaterhouseCoopers related to audits performed in 1999 and 2000. Big Four accounting...
- A Declaration of Independence. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2002, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p14
Provides insightful lessons regarding professional liability claims against other accountants. Presentation of a sample case; Errors made by the accounting firm involved in the case; Recognition of a firm's independence as a valuable asset.