British drug companies to reveal payments to doctors
- In brief. // Practice Nurse;11/24/2006, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p7
The article offers news briefs on issues concerning medical care in Great Britain. According to CEO John Neate of the Prostate Cancer Charity, the British National Health Service failed to provide prostate cancer patients with access to specialists and treatments. A data from the Association of...
- Action call on drug shortage. // Logistics Manager;Mar2011, p07
The article reports on the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry's (ABPI) warning that the British government needs stronger action to address the shortages of medicine in the nation's supply chain other than its issuance of a guidance note, "Best Practice for Ensuring the Efficient...
- NEWS bites. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain including the launch of an initiative to cut costs and speed productivity by Roche Pharmaceutical Co., the use of open-source research in which key data are being made available to college students and university researchers in a collaborative...
- ABPI criticised over digital comms guide. Wicks, Nikki // PRWeek (London);8/12/2011, p6
The article focuses on the reaction of healthcare communications professionals in Great Britain to the guidelines set by the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) which is designed to clarify best practices of the industry's monitoring and management of social and digital media.
- Drug companies to declare all payments to doctors from 2012. Carlowe, Jo // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/13/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7781, p1017
The article presents information on the changes to the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) code of practice in 2010, particularly on a ruling requiring companies to make an annual declaration of payments they made to doctors for use of their services.
- Delays in UK value-based pricing scheme a win for big pharma. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Nov2013, Issue 691, p10
The article discusses the response of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry's Director of Value and Access, Paul Catchpole, to the news that a new pricing scheme for drugs in England has been delayed by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence until the fall of 2014.
- Professional Societies and Associations. // Applied Clinical Trials;Dec2008, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p71
The article presents information on the professional societies and associations in the world. It includes the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, which aims to represent the pharmaceutical industry in Great Britain, the American College of Clinical Pharmacology, which strives to...
- Not So NICE. Houlton, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2006, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p44
The article reports that the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry has published a manifesto to improve drug access in Great Britain. The manifesto titled "The Right Medicine, the Right Patient, the Right Time" was written largely in response to drug access gaps created by a...
- Independent Nurse: Nurses 'must report drug companies'. // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2006, p82
The article reports that nurses must inform about the pharmaceutical companies who inappropriately promote drugs, a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) has advised. The ABPI has a code of conduct for pharmaceutical companies and the body will this year run a...