Australian physician advises advance planning for final exit
- SUICIDE AND ITS PREVENTION. DakshinaMurthy, R. // Golden Research Thoughts;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 6, Special section p1
The article discusses issues related to suicide. It states that views on suicide were influenced by broader cultural views on themes like religion, honor and the meaning of life. Based on estimate, more than 100,000 people die by suicide in India annually. According to the article, treatment of...
- Extract Three: "They all hang themselves". // Human Studies;Dec89, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p245
The article focuses on the "African Suicide and Homicide," which discusses suicidal psychology of African people. The book reveals that there's no problem finding out the correctness of the rate of suicide among some tribe, because when they kill themselves they all hang themselves.
- Adult Suicide and Circumstances in Rhode Island, 2004-2010. YONGWEN JIANG; HILL, JEFFREY; PEREZ, BEATRIZ; VINER-BROWN, SAMARA // Rhode Island Medical Journal;
The article presents a study that explores adult suicide and circumstances by gender in Rhode Island during 2004-2010. There is an increasing trend of total suicide deaths across the seven-year period 2004-2010. The highest percentage of suicide was observed among adults aged 45-64 years....
- CHAPTER XXVI: JULIAN. // Complete Prose Works of Martin Farquhar Tupper;3/ 1/2008, p150
Chapter XXVI of the book "The Complete Prose Works of Martin Farquhar Tupper" is presented . It explores the incident of Julian killing his father Charles accidentally, as he forces himself to get Emily away from his father. It also highlights the suicide of Julian, after revealing the truth...
- NATIONAL CHARACTER, SUICIDE AND HOMICIDE. Lester, David // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun2005 Part1, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p760
In a sample of 18 industrialized nations with available data, mean scores on the "big five factors" were not significantly associated with national suicide or homicide rates.
- SEX DIFFERENCES IN SEVERITY OF SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR IN AN IRANIAN SAMPLE. Lester, David // Psychological Reports;Dec2004 Part1, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p964
A nonsignificant tendency was found for 48 females in Iran to make more serious suicide attempts using opium than did 152 males.
- WATCH OUT. // Asia Weekly;9/15/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p21
The article examines the report released by AsianOffbeat.com concerning suicide statistics in China. The report cites China as the only country in the world where more women than men take their own life as of September 2008. Pesticides are considered to be the main material to be used in...
- Chapter 32: Of Suicide. Caso, Adolph // We the People;1995, p130
This chapter focuses on suicide. Suicide is a crime which seems not to admit of punishment, properly speaking; for it cannot be inflicted but on the innocent, or upon an insensible dead body. He who kills himself does a less injury to society, than he who quits his country for ever; for the...
- Suicide and People with Disabilities. Waldman, H. Barry; Perlman, Steven P.; Cannella, Dolores // Exceptional Parent;Jun2009, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses the statistics of suicide and people with disabilities in the U.S. It mentions that suicide was the 11th leading cause of death for all ages with more than 32,000 cases occurred in 2005. It notes that people with disabilities compose a minority group for which little...