Hypoactive market desire disorder
- Women taking Viagra despite inconclusive studies. // Jet;08/03/98, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p38
Reports on an increase in the number of women taking the anti-impotence drug Viagra, even though studies does not support the view that female sexual response will be improved from use of the drug. Statements from Dr. John Bancroft, director of the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex Gender...
- The viagra chronicles. Vaughan, Susan C. // Harper's Bazaar;Sep98, Issue 3442, p370
Narrates the experiences of four women who took Viagra. Information on viagra; Sales of Viagra in the market; Benefits from viagra; How Viagra affected the sex life of the four women. INSET: Venus & viagra.
- Hot new sexpotion? Wartik, Nancy // Redbook;Dec99, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p132
Discusses the development of the Viagra cream for women.
- Do Women Need a Viagra? Ehrenreich, Barbara // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/19/2004, Issue 2, p107
The article analyses whether women need a drug that promotes sexual drive. A study revealed that 43 percent of women in the U.S. suffer from female sexual dysfunction (FSD). The medical profession has invented several diseases such as micromastia and hysteria in order to promote a cure it...
- coming your way. // Pulse;6/4/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p8
The article reports on several recent medical studies. According to a study, the contraceptive pill may permanently damage a woman's libido. However, according to experts, if someone has a lot of sex hormone binding globulin it will mop up testosterone but libido in women is related to many...
- Reconceptualizing cultural narratives of mature women's sexuality in the Viagra era Vares, Tiina; Potts, Annie; Gavey, Nicola; M. Grace, Victoria // Journal of Aging Studies;Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p153
Abstract: To date, women''s accounts of sexuality and sexual changes in mid-later life have been neglected by both feminists and gerontologists. In addition, women''s responses to male partners'' use of sexuopharmaceuticals such as Viagra (as a â€œsolution" for erectile changes affecting...
- Drugs or placebo? // Art of Healing;Sep-Nov2010, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p12
The article presents information on the growing popularity of placebo that is giving drug companies a run for their money.
- Effect of Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibition on Exercise Capacity and Clinical Status in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Redfield, Margaret M.; Chen, Horng H.; Borlaug, Barry A.; Semigran, Marc J.; Lee, Kerry L.; Lewis, Gregory; LeWinter, Martin M.; Bouleau, Jean L.; Bull, David A.; Mann, Douglas L.; Deswal, Anita; Stevenson, Lynne W.; Givertz, Michael M.; Ofili, Elizabeth O.; O'Connor, Christopher M.; Felker, G. Michael; Goldsmith, Steven B.; Bart, Bradley A.; McNulty, Steven E.; Ibarra, Jenny C. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/27/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 12, p1268
The article presents a study which was conducted to determine the effect of the phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor sildenafil as compared with clinical status and placebo on exercise capacity in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFPEF). The study was carried out to check if...
- OSI presents new positive data from Phase III lung cancer study. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Sep2009, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the encouraging result of the Phase III Saturn research conducted by biotechnology company OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc. It highlights that when using a single agent, the drug Tarceva has the capability to extend the survival of patients with an advance non-small cell lung...