Fueling the Cars of Tomorrow
- Smoke Detector. RAGHUNATHAN, ANURADHA // Forbes Asia;Jan2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information on the fire-equipment company Nitin Fire Protection Industries, an entrepreneurial venture of Nitin Shah in India. It discusses the growth of the company that makes everything from fire detectors to fire extinguishers. It also highlights the global certifications...
- Compressed gas cylinders: Safe transport, storage and handling. Lemke, Peter T. // Occupational Hazards;Feb98, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p43
Gives information pertaining to the elimination of the confusion surrounding compressed gases and the proper way to transport, store and handle the cylinder. Information on documents from the Compressed Gas Association; Reference to the Department of Transportation (DOT) Hazardous materials...
- SETTING THE STANDARD WORLWIDE. // Fire Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p110
The article offers information on U.S. company Luxfer Gas Cylinders, which manufactures gas cylinders, including self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (SCUBA) and medical oxygen cylinders for the emergency medical service and fire fighting markets.
- Cylinder Connections On Portable Liquid Cryogenic Cylinders. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p44
Discusses guidelines issued by the Compressed Gas Association concerning cylinder connections on portable liquid cryogenic cylinders. Standards for industrial compressed gas cylinders; Standards for medical gas cylinders.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Eliminates Cylinder Discrepancies with Distributor. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's purchasing of its own cylinder tracking system in Knoxville, Tennessee. Process of eliminating discrepancies in cylinder count; Discrepancies that create friction between the distributor and customer; Steps in tracking the location and contents of...
- GIR Q&A. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p34
Presents answers to queries related to gases. Difficulty in opening specialty gas cylinders; Teflon tubing used as a lining for helium.
- Don't run empty. Husick, Chuck // Yachting;Apr97, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p41
Offers practical tips on how yachtsmen can determine the amount of fuel remaining in a gas cylinder. Comparison of the weight of an empty cylinder and a full cylinder; Construction of a simple beam balance.
- Hydrogen generators for Royal Liverpool University Hospital. // LC-GC Europe;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p198
Reports on the installation of benchtop hydrogen generators by Parker Balston at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital in Great Britain. Features of the generators; Health and safety profile of the generators; Elimination of hydrogen cylinder storage.
- Fulfilling the Need for Continuous Supply. Scornavacca, Frank // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p56
Provides information on the designs and parameters of manifolds, pipes used to connect a couple of gas cylinders. Marketing strategies recommended for manifold distributors; Factors distributors must consider before selling manifolds; Argon and carbon dioxide cylinders; Basic configurations;...