Extremely Fast Food
- Catalina buyout shows renewed Japanese interest in U.S. market. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/12/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of the Catalina Restaurant Group by the Japanese foodservice conglomerate Zensho Co. Ltd. indicating a turnaround of Catalina's Coco's Bakery Restaurant and Carrow brands. The acquisition was described as part of an expansion strategy that includes the...
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p42
Reports developments in food service around the world as of June 2002. Rumor about the use of phony pass by Morton Restaurant Group chairman and chief executive Allen J. Bernstein in New York City; Use of ducks to devour the plague of crop-eating locusts in Tianjin, China; Popularity of CafÃ©...
- Bonus pay: How much is too much? // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p92
Examines bonus pay as part of the compensation package of chief executive officers (CEO). CEO's who collected more than half their cash compensation in bonuses; Criticisms from activist shareholders; Determinants of bonus pay of various CEO's; Shareholder's preference for stock options.
- MFHA joins Darden at winter meeting. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the gathering between members of the board of the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance and Joe Lee, chairman and chief executive of Darden Restaurants in Orlando, Florida.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p14
Presents news items concerning the restaurant industry in the United States as of March 2001. Women's Foodservice Forum's launch of a Chief Executive Officer Advisory Group; University of South Carolina School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management's Selection of Hasmukh Rama, chairman and...
- Turbulent economy leads to growing number of C-suite shakeups for many foodservice leaders. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p14
The article reports on the rising rates of turnover among chief executives in the foodservice industry attributed or credited to the economic crisis.
- Strummin' Up Good Students? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p34
This section offers news briefs from Michigan as of January 28, 2008. Reverend Marvin Sapp gained approval for his proposal for the Ellington Academy of Arts and Technology in Grand Rapids. Bill Stough, chief executive officer of Sustainable Research Group, delivered a talk about the future of...
- A dime won't buy you a cup of coffee or customer service. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/08/97, Issue 322235, p22
Relates the author's experience on a great customer service provided by City Cafe. Details on how the author's problem in providing food for the chief executive officers (CEO) study group was solved; Reactions of the CEO on the foods provided by the author.
- The CEO paycheck. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p84
Examines disparities in the way foodservice chief executive officers are compensated. Correlation between company profits and compensation; Exceptions; High risk/high reward situation; Shareholder-initiated referendum on executive pay; Securities and Exchange Commission policies on increased...