Referrals to a regional allergy clinic - an eleven year audit
- Ocular Allergy Update. Epstein, Arthur B.; Yanni, John // Review of Optometry;2/15/2004 Supplement, p2
Discusses developments in the understanding and treatment of allergy in 2004 that make atopic patients more treatable. Updates on the basic science underlying ocular allergy; New concepts in the clinical presentation of ocular allergy; Guide to effectively managing allergy patients.
- Quality pay 'key to better allergy care'. Finch, Rob // Pulse;11/8/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p10
Highlights a parliamentary report criticizing the British government's failure to address the poor state of allergy services. Reasons why general practitioners are failing to properly care people who have allergies; Degree of allergy patients who should be treated in primary care; Number of...
- Plans to improve allergy services announced. // Practice Nurse;9/19/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the appointment of the North West Strategic Health Authority to lead developments in allergy services in Great Britain and pilot a specialist regional allergy centre to be used as a model for the rest of the country. The pilot centre will bring together the expertise of...
- Allergy nutcase. Jones, Andy // Pulse;7/23/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 29, p28
Reports on the concerns over the rise in the incidence of allergies in Great Britain. Number of adults affected by allergies across the country; Criticisms against general practitioners for failing to diagnose allergy properly; Range of options to cure allergies.
- Cats can trigger breathlessness. Tanday, Sanjay // GP: General Practitioner;7/6/2007, p2
The article reports on the results of a Great Britain-based survey which found that being around cats can trigger attacks of breathlessness in people with common allergies. The survey, participated by 1,884 people, revealed that there is a significant difference between low and high exposure to...
- A preliminary survey of the prevalence of allergic disorders in a questionnaire-based study in Boshroye, a rural area of Iran. Fereidouni, Mohammad; Abolhasani, Ahmad; Vahedi, Fatemeh; Shakeri, Mohammad; Varasteh, Abdolreza // Journal of Public Health (09431853);Apr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p119
Knowledge about the prevalence, risk factors and triggers of allergic disorders among populations of different geographical areas is important for the development of preventative strategies. The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence, clinical pattern and triggers of allergic...
- EAT THIS, NOT THAT--OR ELSE. Felix, Lisa // Library Journal;1/1/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p56
The article presents an overview of food allergies and a discussion of the prevalence of food allergies in the U.S. A discussion of difficulties that adults and children with food allergies often face when attempting to find information about food allergies is presented. Several books which...
- TIPS FOR TRAVELERS WITH ALLERGIES. // Medical Update;Jul2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Offers tips for travelers suffering from allergies.
- spray allergies away. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p58
Talks about the benefits of Febreze Allergen Reducer to people with pollen allergies.