Clinical Pearls in General Internal Medicine
- Types of Case Studies. // Start With a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching College Sc;2006, p53
This section introduces topics discussed within a chapter of the book "Start With a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching College Science: An NSTA Press Journals Collection" including a categorization of cases around the teaching methods applied.
- COMMENTS. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov78 Part 2, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p862
Discusses comments during a 1978 symposium held by internists. Information on nosocomial infections and the regulated hospital; Lessons for medical education; Osteopathic training.
- The 'Territorial Imperative' of Medicine. Pollard, H. Marvin // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug69, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p407
Presents the texts of the remarks of the author during the 50th annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Physicians regarding the changes in the field of internal medicine without the aid of the government. Effort to affect standards of medical education; Professional activities of...
- Program committee. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr2006 Supplement 4, Vol. 21, pi
A list of committee members for the 29th Annual Meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine is presented, including Dr. Said Ibrahim, Dr. Linda Pinsky, and Dr. Howard Gordon.
- Medical notices. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 125 Issue 4, pI26
Announces various meetings and conferences of interest to the field of internal medicine. Cancer prevention and control program offered by the 1997 Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program; Developments in the management of hepatic and biliary disease offered by the Johns Hopkins Hepato-Biliary...
- European and Swiss Congress of Internal Medicine. Kucharz, Eugeniusz J. // Rheumatology / Reumatologia;2015, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p230
The article discusses the highlights of the 13th Congress of the European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM) which was held in Geneva, Switzerland on May 14-16, 2014.
- Review of Journal "Medical Archives" in 2012. Masic, Izet // Medical Archives / Medicinski Arhiv;Feb2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p4
No abstract available.
- The Dos and Don'ts Of Social Media. Bethke, Walter // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2015, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p25
The article offers suggestions among physicians on how to protect privacy in social media. Tips discussed include the separation of personal and professional profiles in social media to connect with patients, residents and maintain the relationship, addressing health-related questions in a...
- The Critical Difference Assignment: An Innovative Instructional Method. Utterback, Virginia Ann; Davenport, Deborah; Gallegos, Belinda; Boyd, Enola // Journal of Nursing Education;Jan2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p42
The article presents an abstract of the article "The Critical Difference Assignment: An Innovative Instructional Method" by Virginia Ann Utterback, Deborah Davenport, Belinda Gallegos and Enola Boyd.