Refurbishing Mayo Clinic Proceedings: 2011-2012
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Lanier, William L. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2006, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p10
The article reflects on many recent and upcoming changes in the Journal "Mayo Clinic Proceedings." These changes will increase the value of the journal. The journal had a great success in 2005 in getting different manuscripts submitted. The most critical part of this process was the introduction...
- MEDIA CHOICE. // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that Mayo Clinic Proceedings is a peer-reviewed journal published monthly for the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Although it is primarily an internal medicine journal, it covers a broad range of topics. It regularly features editorials, research articles,...
- Spells: Cast a wide but defensibl diagnostic net. // Modern Medicine;Nov95, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p45
Presents an abstract of the article `Spell: In search of a cause,' by W.F. Young Jr and D.E. Maddox from the `Mayo Clinic Proceedings' dated August 1995. INSET: Working up the patient who has spells..
- Forever Caring. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2005, Vol. 80 Issue 1, Pages Prior p1
Presents the table of contents for the January 2005 issue of the journal "Mayo Clinic Proceedings."
- Lean and Hungry. Knoll, Erwin // Progressive;Jul87, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the reason for the reduction of the pages of 'The Progressive' journal. Citation of the financial problems by the publishers thereby affecting the journal's standard thickness; Expectation to save thousands from paper, printing and postage expenses by reducing sizes; Failure of...
- Custom Publishing: A Rising Niche in Magazines. Rosenblatt, Bill // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;12/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p4
This article provides information on custom magazine publishing. Custom magazine publishing is a fast-growing business in the U.S. In a growing number of cases, custom publishing is not just a cost for the organization that hires a custom publisher, but a win for both parties. This happen when...
- From the Publisher's Desk. Dunn, John F. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;9/17/2004, Vol. 195 Issue 12, p38
Raises some issues and considerations about the publishing of the journal "Meekel's & Stamps Magazine." Format of the magazine; Quality of newsprint; Lack of color in the design of the magazine; Content of the magazine.
- Opinion. Kuack, David // GMPRO - Greenhouse Management & Production;May2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses the changes in the format of the magazine. Changes in the magazine include the addition of new sections and columns. According to the author, the magazine staff decided to implement the changes to provide a comprehensive, easy-to-read source that will enable florists and...
- What a Bash! Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Jun2009, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p4
Information about several papers discussed at the conference entitled "The Progressive Movement, Then and Now" is presented. Topics include the need for a genuine populist revolt against the plutocrats, the indoctrination to overcome on the issues of race and immigration, and the need to put...