WITH PROPER FOOD SAFETY TOOLS: PRIMING F/S WORKERS
- A Recipe for Food Safety Training. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2001, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p86
Provides guidelines on food safety training. Information on the study conducted by the National Restaurant Association about the demands of training managers for food safety training; Sources of food safety training; Factors to consider in training. INSET: FOOD SAFETY FACTS.
- Training changes in the millennium. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the contents of the Educational Foundation's ServSafe line of food safety training products. Food safety challenges; Need of the government to form alliances with the scientific community and the food and restaurant industries; Food safety principles and practices maintained in the...
- Operators must use common sense in training. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;06/08/98, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p82
Highlights a session on employee training that was held during the 1998 National Restaurant Association trade show in Chicago, Illinois. Speaker Don Elkington's suggestions on how to make training more effective; Skills needed by employees to improve performance; Common training methods.
- Good training is critical to retaining qualified foodservice employees. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;06/14/99, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p88
Focuses on the importance of quality training in retaining food service employees in the United States according to discussions at the National Restaurant Association's (NRA) 1999 Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Suggestion for restaurant managers to enhance their training programs.
- A Time For Change? Tong, Jennifer // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul99, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p94
Focuses on the issues of safety and sanitation in the foodservice industry. Establishment of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation; Significance of the consistent reinforcement of the educational training received by foodservice managers and employees; How to become a...
- CA One `holds' employees. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
States that airport concessionaire, CA One Services continues to be recognized for its exceptional employee training and retention efforts. Information on a study conducted by the National Restaurant Association; Incentive programs of CA One for its employees.
- NRA focuses on food safety in September. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;8/20/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p11
The article offers brief information on the U.S. National Restaurant Association's National Food Safety Month, or NFSM, campaign for the 18th consecutive year in September 2012. It is given that the campaign will include materials on how to avoid transferring potential contaminates from one food...
- Pasteurized Foods in Your Future? Grover, Steven F. // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p74
Focuses on the United States-based National Restaurant Association's support for cold pasteurization. Tool for onsite food operators in their efforts to deliver safe food to customers' tables; Process of exposing food to an electronic radiation source to kill disease-causing bacteria without...
- Safety in numbers. Boisclair, Marc // Restaurant Business;10/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 20, p17
Focuses on the findings of a research commissioned by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) on the beliefs of consumers regarding the increase in food-related illnesses. Recommendations issued by the organization for the training and certification of restaurant owners and managers under the...