FOR WASTE AND LABOR REDUCTION: PRACTICAL PULPERS
- Disposing of clinical waste. // British Dental Journal;2/10/2007, Vol. 202 Issue 3, p161
The article evaluates the Bio-bin from Econix Ltd.
- Waste watch. Sandrick, Karen // Health Facilities Management;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Deals with medical waste solutions for U.S. health care facilities. Samples of onsite disposal equipments used by several hospitals; Amount of savings benefited from onsite disposal equipment; List of alternative onsite waste management technologies. INSET: UL drafts standard on alternative...
- WASTE MANAGEMENT. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
The article features medical facility waste management solutions including the RecyclePak prepaid recycling program from Grainger, Sustainable Solutions model from Stericycle, and Element Indoor Recycling Stations from Rubbermaid.
- Hospital waste disposal costs called growing. Dauer, Christopher // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/25/93, Vol. 97 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the increase in regulatory scrutiny of the hazardous substances and medical waste handled by hospitals and other health care facilities. Need for source reduction as a primary goal; Focus on incineration as misplaced; Environmental Protection Agency's recommendation of the hierarchy...
- Waste away: How does your disposal method compare? // Health Facilities Management;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p86
Presents an analysis of waste disposal methods of over 150 health care facilities selected from the MECON-PEERx Comparative Benchmarking Database. Expenses and disposal practices; Facility characteristics and disposal practices.
- DISPOSERS & PULPERS. Bendall, Dan // Food Management;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p81
Focuses on the benefits in the use of garbage disposers and pulpers in the United States foodservice industry. Garbage grinders' elimination of food waste; Disposal of waste through the sewer system; Banning of disposers in certain places due to environmental concerns.
- MedDropSA is Sept. 5. // Wilson County News;9/2/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p14A
The article offers information on an event related to MedDropSA, which is a way to dispose of unused, expired over the-counter and prescription medications, to be held at Alamo City Christian Fellowship Church in San Antonio, Texas, and liquid medications can be used by the participants.
- Medwaste firm enters Fla. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;09/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p14
Focuses on the agreement between Sharps Compliance Corp. and C&H Wholesale Inc. to provide disposal-by-mail systems to health care providers in Florida. Context of the agreement regarding the distribution of the medical waste disposal systems; Information on the services offered by C&H...
- Providers fined for dumping waste drugs into water supply. Berklan, James M. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the healthcare facilities in New York which were fined for dumping unused medications into the water supply.