HOW TO HOLD THE MEAT: SOUPS AND BURGERS
- Foodservice Update. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Offers food-service professionals tips on adding the vegetarian dish Potage CrÃ©cy to their menus. Military history of Potage CrÃ©cy or purÃ©e of carrot soup; Recipe for Basic Potage CrÃ©cy; Variations.
- Meatless in the Mainstream. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Mar2002, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the growth of the vegetarian food market in the United States. Factors attributed to the growth of the vegetarian food market in the country; Information on the most popular meat alternatives in the country; Outlook on the market for soy milks.
- 30-minute recipes. // Vegetarian Times;Jun2004, Issue 322, p23
Presents vegetarian recipes, including Cheese Ravioli with Grape Tomatoes, Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches and Cheese and Bean Quesadillas.
- Diner Sandwiches Revisited. Daniels-Zeller, Debra // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Presents recipes for vegetarian sandwiches. Roasted Smoky Eggplant Sandwich; Portabello Burgers with Sliced Tomatoes and Spicy Tofu Sour 'Cream'; Tempeh Joes; Veggie Reuben Subs; Warm Canellini Beans, Squash, and Roasted Pepper on Black Bread; Barbecue Lentil Loaf Sandwiches; Open-Faced Seitan...
- HOT, FAST SANDWICHES. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Presents suggestions for easy-to-make vegetarian sandwiches. Smothered kraut and dog; Mediterranean mushroom; Southwestern mushroom; Vegan peanut butter; Hot club sandwich.
- Where's the Meat? // Natural Life;Jul/Aug2003, Issue 92, p18
Presents information on recipes for vegetarian barbecue cookery.
- Veggingout. Rosenstrach, Jenny // Real Simple;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p132
Although there are nearly 5 million vegetarians in the U.S. and the food-service industry is rushing to meet their growing demands they are still strangers in a meat-and-potatoes land. A 1998 survey by the Vegetarian Resource Group in Baltimore, Maryland found that 75 percent of members polled...
- Veggie Delight. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p54
Presents meatless and vegetarian products of Schneider Foods.
- SAAG AND ALOO MATTAR. K. B. // Louisville Magazine;Feb2007, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p41
The article presents the Saag and Aloo Mattar vegetarian dishes from Shalimar restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky. The Saag, which costs $9, is made of creamed spinach and mustard greens with Indian spices while the Aloo Mattar is made of potatoes and peas, laced with garam masala blend. Both...