The macaroni factor
- Chartwells offers 'Balanced' vending. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that Chartwells School Dining Services has created a vending program, called Balanced Choices, to encourage school children to eat healthier snacks and beverages. Under the Balanced Choices vending program, two machines are placed together, one offering healthy beverages and...
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
Present an update on issues and topics related to food service. Food service contract won by Aramark for the Olympic Village at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece; Selection of Chartwells by Marietta College, Ohio to handle its food services; Elimination and replacement of the meal...
- Compass' Chartwell's charts new course with web site. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Chartwells, the college dining division of Compass Group USA, has unveiled an interactive web site at Southwest Texas State University. Features of the monthly online magazine `Menutainment'; Topics of the articles featured in `Nurture Our World'; Information on `Focus on Food.'
- Towson spruces up Newell Den, opens to rave reviews, record sales. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p22
Reports on Chartwells Educational Dining Services' reopening of Newell Den, a Towson University foodservice outlet in Towson, Maryland. Renovation cost; Features of the renovated foodservice outlet; Payment methods for students.
- Down with dud spuds! // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p12
Announces the debut of Chartwells Educational Dining Services' Spuds & Spice, a program offering a variety of spice blends and specialty dips for fries. Areas where the program will be available; Students' chance to build their own unique creations.
- class act. Rabat, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Aug2001, Issue 288, p13
Presents information on Terra Ve, a dining program developed by Chartwells Educational Dining Services which will be launched in several universities and colleges in the United States in August 2001. Description of the Terra Ve menus.
- Campus Farm a Hit for TTU. // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the Dining Services' composting program launched by the Tennessee Tech University in partnership with Chartwells. Since partnering with the Tennessee Tech Agriculture department in the spring of 2008, Chartwells, the university's foodservice provider, has been offering...
- Inbrief. // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs related to food management. Ban on the sale of soda and other sweetened beverages in high schools by the California Assembly; Selection of Sodexho USA's Health Care Services Division as the preferred provider by Catholic Health East Inc. for nutrition and environmental...
- Chartwells buying local in RI. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that Chartwells School Dining has returned $9,000 to the local economy, as six of the contractor's 12 school district accounts in the state have embraced a program that focuses on buying local. The other six have decided to join the program in spring 2007, according to Eric...