- Ohio state co-brands Steak Escape, Mrs. Fields. Crater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p50
Describes the foodservice program at Columbus-based Ohio State University which features the co-branding of a Steak Escape unit with Mrs. Fields Cookies. Competition through combo meals; Price range; Opening of Sbarro and Wendy's; Approximate number of customers; Students' preference for...
- MORE VEGETARIAN, TOO: In-house prep yields menu upgrade at E-town College. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania has changed its menu by preparing in-house foods instead of repackaged meals for students and faculty. Vegetarian and low-fat meals offered; Percentage of the increase in food costs; Decline in labor costs in relation to the move.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: ELIZABETHTOWN COLLEGE PUTS STUDENTS ON GROWTH FAST-TRACK. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
Highlights progress of the Fast Track to Management program for students at the Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. Goals of the program; Incentive offerings of the program; Range of its training regimen for dining services jobs on the campus; Potential changes to the program.
- State of the "Union.". Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the dining and catering options being offered by the new Ohio Union at Ohio State University. The new student union building was opened in March 2010. The Union Market serves as the building's main dining venue and offers a variety of food stations, including a grill...
- OSU Dining Services keeping students fed during lengthy strike. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p19
Focuses on the continuous operations of the Dining Services department at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Utilization of management staff and temporary workers to provide foodservice to students on meal plans; Strike by civil-service employees; Communications Workers of America union's...
- More Late-Night Services Available: Ohio State Univ. `plugs' supplier brands in promos. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the food service programs implemented at the Housing and Dining department of Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Statistical information on student participation; Food service outlets available to meal plan students; How the marketing of housing food service facilities is...
- Burritos big in Ohio. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the success of Burritos Noches, a late-night Mexican operation located at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Choices of food available; Prices; Target consumers; Factors that led to the success of the operation.
- Ohio State of Change. STOESSEL, ERIC // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p28
The article offers information related to school foodservice and campus dining, featuring the Ohio State University's Dining Services. Zia Ahmed, the senior director of dining services, discusses the upgrade of the school's cafeterias. Information about Ohio State Dining such as college...
- Two brands partner back-of-house space. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the joint venture between American Food Courts Inc. and H&H Smith Co. to share a common area for marketing their Chick-fil-A and Steak Escape concepts at the Ohio State University's Ohio Union foodcourt. Contribution of both companies in the venture; Cost-effectiveness of the...