THIS YEAR: Consolidation, custom svcs. & standards rise
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul99, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p6
Presents news briefs related to health care materials management in the United States, as of July 1999. Includes Kaiser Permanente Medical Group's compliance with California's needle safety law; Premier's launching of an institute to integrate safety efforts for patients and health care...
- Two Catholic groups close bonds. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the expansion of the relationship between Consorta Catholic Resource Partners and the Catholic Health Association of the United States. Terms of the agreement.
- Drop in 1st-quarter health care deals is not quite a trend, analyst says. Cys, Jane // AHA News;05/10/99, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p5
Provides information on the report which focused on the slowing of health care mergers and acquisitions in the United States for the first quarter of 1999. Details on the hospital transaction ratings; Comments from Sanford Steever, editor of the report; Changes in the type of transactions pursued.
- United States : PREMIER INC agrees to acquire HOSPIRAand#39;S TheraDoc in $117 MILLION Cash deal. // TendersInfo News;8/6/2014, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of American software company TheraDoc by U.S. healthcare improvement company Premier Inc. to extend and add value to the U.S. healthcare system.
- A Test of the Market: Lack of Insurance and Internet-based Marketing Intrigue Buyers of Mount Sinai Deal. Yacoe, Don; Kruger, Dan; Albano, Christine; Montsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;Jun2000 Supplement Health Care, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p34a
Discusses the possible impact of the proposed merger between New York City-based Mount Sinai Medical Center and New York University Medical Center on the local healthcare industry. Value of the bond deal intended to finance the proposed merger; Funding challenges in the merger; Portfolio...
- In brief. // Health Facilities Management;Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p6
Provides information about several issues involving health facilities management in the United States. Appointment of Gregg Pond by Harley Chemicals; Emergency planning guide from Aggreko; Acquisition of Satchwell Controls by Siebe Environmental Controls.
- PhyCor pays for early mistakes. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;02/02/98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the strategy of PhyCor in creating multispecialty groups to correct its problems. Information on the failures of the mergers planned by PhyCor; Losses anticipated by the company; Details of the restructuring strategy.
- Kudos to the Champion for Change winners. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2007, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the recipients of the Champion for Change award by the Hospitals for a Healthy Environmental, including Amerinet Inc., Broadlane and Consorta.
- Company notes. // Modern Healthcare;03/20/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p54
Provides updates on the financial condition of healthcare institutions in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Spinoff of the home health division of Olsten Corp. to become a publicly traded company; Search of Consorta for not-for-profit health systems as shareholders; Profits earned by...