2000 RESULTS: Food purchases drop 6.3% as influence grows
- '96 forecast: Rising sales won't soothe margin woes. Papiernik, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;10/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p1
Forecasts that food service sales will increase by 2.5 percent in 1996. Projection for a total sale of $325.04 billion; Comparison with sales in previous years; Average real growth.
- Tricks of the trade. Hirschfeld, Jeff // Restaurant Business;1/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p92
Features developments in noncommercial food service establishments in the United States. Facilities; Service; Contractors; 1993 sales.
- Silent industry becomes major economic force. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;6/22/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p28
Highlights the economic impact of the food service industry in Puerto Rico. Sales in 1995; Job creation; Dominance in the small business sector; Growth through franchises; Role in the island's tourism sector.
- Playing the numbers: The real story of Calif. sales. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;3/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p13
Highlights the State Board of Equalization's quarterly summary of taxable sales for California's retail foodservice industry for the three months ending June 1994. Eating-and-drinking-place sales; Eating places serving beer and wine; Number of operating permits issued.
- The ambient surcharge. Michaelides, Stephen // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep95, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p136
Discusses how profit & loss (P&L) affects the price of items on the menu of a restaurant. View that how and where food is served determines price; Reasons why the price of a given food item varies wildly from restaurant to restaurant; Ignorance of the most discriminating of customers on P&L of...
- Foodservice promotions opportunity. // British Baker;1/29/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
The article offers information on the report of Rabobank which claimed that sales in the foodservice industry in Europe are unlikely to catch up with the levels attained from 2007 to 2008 until 2013, and that in-home consumption in the country was increasing.
- Hospital foodservice market continues to shrink. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p58
Presents a graph depicting the decline of the hospital foodservice market in the United States.
- Salary watch. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/28/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4215, p12
Offers a look at the salary condition of employees in the restaurant industry. Reasons behind the unchanged salary level in the industry; Key factor that could influence a salary increase; Area of stability within the industry.
- FINANCE. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p10
The article presents several charts showing market trends in restaurant and food service business, including stock indices, gainers and losers and stock quotations for the week ending January 5, 2007.