LET THE GAMES BEGIN: Compass readies foodservice of--and for--Olympic proportions
- For Compass gold medal showing at Olympics may point the direction toward Athens, Greece. Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;3/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p27
Editorial. Comments on the food service provided by Compass Group during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Efficiency of the service; Provision of menu acceptable to athletes from all over the world; Complaints received by the group from some athletes.
- Compass goes for gold, wins contract for 2002 Olympics. King // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p4
Reports that global contractor Compass Group PLC has been awarded the contract to provide foodservice for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. Value of the contract; Terms under the deal.
- IN 'WILDS' OF ALASKA: Eurest gives special support. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p28
Announces the selection of Eurest Support Services as the official catering services supplier for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Number of box lunches to be served by the company; Goal of the company.
- 2000 Paralympic Winter Games: Compass Caters Olympics. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p26
Interviews Kurt Kimball, executive vice-president of Compass Group, about the preparation of the company as the Official Catering Supplier for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Reactions of the company on being chosen as the official catering supplier;...
- In brief. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Reports on developments in the food service industry in the United States as of November 1999. Selection of Compass Group as the official catering services supplier for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah; Nominations to the 199 Silver Plate Awards of the...
- Salt Lake's rough ride on the road to 2002. Biele, Katherine // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p3
Examines controversy in Utah surrounding plans and construction for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City. Resignation of Tom Welch, president of Salt Lake's Olympic Committee, following allegations that he shoved his wife; Cost of reconstruction projects; The unusual vociferous public...
- Salt Lake City Olympics 2002. Masia, Seth // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the efforts of the Salt Lake City, Utah, to bid and prepare for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Includes funds spent on lobbying; Cost of referendum; Projected cost of running the Games.
- Find the hidden message. Trinker, Greg // Ski;Nov97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p42
Features the symbol for the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Olympics. Description of the logo; Cost of development of the snowflake logo.
- Winter Games contracts on ice. // Nation's Business;Apr96, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on how business can provide goods and services for the Winter Olympics Games scheduled for 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Compilation of registry of companies interested in contracts awarded through open bidding; Immediate needs for advertising, insurance, and medical services; Utah...