IN MONROE, NJ: Special events add spark to CCRC's dining svcs
- Wood's concepts compete with the top names in QSR. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p33
Reports on Wood Dining Services Inc.'s completion of its rollout of a variety of brands designed to compete with commercial foodservice concepts. Offer of service programs to clients that are more customized to customer bases; Revamped brands; Dishes offered.
- Wood's Salsa Rico kiosk rollout makes Mexican food portable. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p24
Reports that Wood Dining Services is launching its Salsa Rico concept in a kiosk format in the spring of 2001. Perceived benefit of a portable version of the Salsa Rico to Wood Dining; Effort of Wood Dining in 2000 to develop or refresh several retail brands in order to compete with commercial...
- FRESH MEXICAN GRILL CONCEPT: Wood's Salsa Rico in kiosk. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the plan to roll out Salsa Rico, Wood Dining Services' fresh Mexican grill concept, in kiosk form to campus and business dining accounts in April 2001. Description of the concept; Aims for implementing the concept; Type of cooking to be used.
- IT'S AN ALL-DAY, MULTI-TASK RESPONSIBILITY: Policing food temperatures. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p88
Focuses on the multi-task responsibility of policing food temperatures in the U.S. food service market. Challenges of policing cooking temperatures; Responsibilities of Nancy Wood, executive chef for Wood Dining Services in the state of Maine; Rules complicating the task of policing cooking...
- Sodexho Alliance buys Wood Dining, readies Sodexho Marriott bid. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Announces that Sodexho Alliance has acquired United States-based Wood Dining Services. Other steps taken by the group to become the world's largest foodservice contractor; Preparation of a purchase bid for Sodexho Marriott Services; Terms of the deal.
- IN SCHOOLS: Portable packs & snacks suit students today. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p58
Reports on the prepackaged foods offered by food service operators in United States schools. Varieties of the lunches offered by Wood Dining Services; Costs of the packaged lunches and snacks; Projection on the number of students that will participate in the food programs.
- IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR FOR: Heavenly holiday treats. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p88
Provides advice for food service operators on the planning and preparation of desserts for the holiday season in 2002 in the U.S. Information on the desserts provided by Wood Dining Services to its Air Products & Chemicals Inc. account in Pennsylvania; Details on pumpkin-based desserts for the...
- GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER: POTATO APPEAL. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p88
Looks at how potato recipes are served by foodservice companies in the United States. Food items served at the MS Rotterdam cruise ship; Food offerings of Wood Dining Services in its campus locations; How the foodservice department at St. Johnsbury Academy in Vermont presents its potato recipes.
- LOOKING UP: UNDER THE GUN. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Comments on the challenges facing the food service industry of the U.S. as of June 2001. Rate of decline in labor productivity in the first quarter of 2001; Reasons for the Expressables pre-packaged lunchline for schools from Wood Dining Services; Role of equipment makers and computer...