FOR MENU INNOVATION: Chartwells wins natl. honor
- CHARTWELL'S/COMPASS GROUP. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p108
Focuses on the selection of Chartwells Educational Dining Services in the best on-site menu category of the 2001 MenuMasters Award. Development of vegetarian dishes for school cafeterias in the United States; Flexibility of the menus to address the students' needs; Evaluation of the feedback on...
- UNR to Launch Its Own Farm to Supply Produce for Its Kitchens. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/19/2012, p2
The article reports on the farming plans being considered by the University of Nevada at Reno (UNR) for the benefit of its dining services and food service outlets.
- Powerful Persuader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article features Russ Meyer, associate director of residential life, housing and food services for University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) and his efforts to make the university a Center of Excellence. Before Thanksgiving 2005, Chartwells College and University Dining Services, a division of...
- Nevada-Reno Goes into Farm Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the University of Nevada at Reno has launched High Desert Farming Initiative that aims to grow its own produce to benefit the university's dining services.
- FOR STUDENT DRIVEN FOCUS: U.-Nev. honors Chartwells. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p30
Highlights an award presented by the University of Nevada in Reno to Compass Group's Chartswell food service staff. Opinion of Barbara Hanke, director of the Crossroads Resident Dining Facility, on the award; Information on the student-driven programs of Chartwell.
- MENU MASTERS. Tlapa, Ciji A.; Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Restaurant, Food & Beverage Market Research Handbook;2010, p313
The article announces awards given to restaurants in the U.S. including the Best Healthy Innovations to Chartwells, Best Independent Operator Menu to Commander's Palace and Best Limited Time Offer to Burger King Corp.
- Cycling Geek. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p32
The article features Russ Meyer, director of dining services at the University of Nevada at Reno in Nevada. Meter opted to go cycling after tearing his tendon for being a runner. He decided to bike from Reno to San Jose, California, to raise funds for the Clark DeHaven scholarship. He sees...
- KEEPING IN STEP WITH STUDENTS: Univ. of Nevada brand swap to boost burger, coffee sales. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the opening of Coyote Jack's fastfood chain at the University of Nevada-Reno. List of menu items offered; Features of North Side Cafe which the university will open in fall 2001.
- AT UNIV. OF NEVADA-RENO: Liaison maintains vision of contract f/s program. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p42
Offers a look at the food service operation of Chartwells at the University of Nevada in Reno. Enhancements in the food service; Kinds of foods served; Remarks from the director of dining and conference services.