UNDER COMPASS-FOODBUY AGREEMENT: CHEFS DRIVE PURCHASING
- WITH NEW FOODBUY VENTURE: Compass outsources buying. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p28
Reports that Compass Group has outsourced foodservice purchasing for its North American operating units with Foodbuy LLC. Goals in the endeavor; Factor that led to the initiative; Vision of Compass.
- Aricot Vert caters skills to Compass branding jobs. Cheevers, Brandon // Design Week;11/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the appointment of Aricot Vert to review all leisure catering brands of Compass Group in Great Britain. Amount to be paid for Aricot Vert's consultancy service; Components of the project.
- Public sector cuts could be good for caterers. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/18/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4632, p7
The article reports that Ian Sarson, who took over the role of managing director of Compass Group PLC, said that caterers are set to benefit from the policy of the new British Government, to outsource services in a bid to save money. Though Sarson expects economic conditions to remain tough for...
- Outsourcing 'derailed by focus on ROI'. Kamath, John-Paul // Computer Weekly;4/17/2007, p6
The article presents information on a study conducted by Compass Group PLC regarding IT outsourcing projects in Great Britain. The study found that many projects are focusing too closely on investment return while ending up in the business failures. It is stated that in most projects, the...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.