CONCERNS WITH F/S EQUIPMENT: Will online buys gain foothold
- CROSS-TRAINING HELPS: Cafes do double-duty at Mayo Clinic/Scottsdale. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p42
Looks at the cafeteria operations of the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. Statistics on customer satisfaction with the staff and the patients; Brief background on the clinic; Menu offered by the clinic; Cross-training of the cafe's staff; Operation hours of the cafe.
- AND DEAL WITH FOOD ALLERGIES: GROUPS MUST BUILD TRUST. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p24
Provides information on the growing problem of patient food allergies facing food service directors in the health care setting in the U.S.. Key to group purchasing for food service directors; Approach of Mary Keysor, director of nutrition services at Maine Medical Center on the problem.
- At HFM Conference in LA Quinta, Ca: Labor Vital in Prep, Delivery. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
Presents the employee hiring and retention strategies of five health care food service operators in the United States who attended the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management conference in 1999. Importance of listening to employees; Services for employees; Efforts to address...
- Presented at ADA Conference: Healthcare's future lies in better customer svc. today. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Presents the views of healthcare consultant Lou Burgess on the survival of health care food service in the United States in an era of downsizing. Overview of her address at the American Dietetic Association Conference in October 1999; Key to satisfaction among family members and patient...
- Called Foodbuy.Com: Internet GPO Takes Aim at $3 Billion Revenue Goal. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the formation of FoodBuy.com, an Internet group purchasing organization led by Scott MacLellan. Anticipated annual earnings of the group; Goal of FoodBuy; How it works.
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...
- Love 'em or lose 'em. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the results of a study by the Foodservice Research Forum on the conditions and attitudes of food service employees. Reason for working in food service; Top ten perceived employment needs; Top ten unmeet needs by the employees; Reasons for leaving the food service industry; Career...